Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The MP3 Player and Loose Dogs...


So I was informed today that I really don't post enough. I realize that this is true so I am going to try to post more even if it is not all that exciting. So since school started I have been having the hardest time running (perhaps you've noticed the extra weight I have been carrying). Anyway, I have made plenty of excuses of why I can't run because I have to leave so much earlier this year and where I live now is way too hilly and I don't have anyone to run with anymore since Jeff is too busy and the list goes on and on. I decided there are no more excuses so this week I have been running after school all by myself with my trusty MP3 player. I can't believe how lame I am these days. Running a 3.5 mile loop nearly kills me. (I pretend in my head it counts as 4 miles since I am practically running up a mountain. That way I don't feel so bad.) So ever since I saw the naked guy last year I take pepper spray with me. Today while I was running there were FIVE LOOSE DOGS!!! Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like dogs, I just don't really appreciate someone else loose dog following me. In Texas it was really bad because there were always pit bull attacks, but I mean, why don't people just keep their dog in or hold them back??? I mean, they might know their dog is friendly, but to me it is just a big, huge, hairy mess with sharp teeth that could potentially rip off one of my limbs or less dramatically bite me in the butt. Now I know that I have this handy little pepper spray in my hand but I am too chicken to actually spray it. I keep thinking I'll spray it the wrong way and it will end up in my eyes instead. So I guess I am just saving it for the day a really mean dog or naked man starts to attack. I mean, I do only have 8 squirts so I better use it when it counts right???

So I'm sorry if this post seemed pointless, but if you see me, ask me if I ran the day before--it will keep me motivated.

7 comments:

jonna said...

See...you came up with something. It is good to know and it was a nice walk down memory lane with the naked guy! GOod times of when we carpooled...i miss those days...it was good to see you. We need to make it more frequent!:)

Lindsey said...

A naked guy? I never heard that story. Hmmm! An idea for another post, maybe? I know I would love to hear that one. I am very impressed with your dedication to running, especially with the loose dogs everywhere. Great post! I loved it. Gave me some really good laughs. Keep the stories coming. I know you have to have some great school ones there somewhere. You, know, it would help keep us old ex-Pony Expressers up to date.

The Peterson's said...

I am proud of you for running at all. my doc wont let me do anything. I not even picking up my kids outside right now. I will ask you when I see you next! Be ready!

Lacey said...

Good for you!! I remember the naked guys story. that's so funny. be careful of the pepper spray. when i was in high school, i tripped and pepper sprayed myself!!!! BE CAREFUL!!

Natalie Kay said...

That's my favorite type of blog to read. Where it's not about anything real in particular, just feelings and experiences.

JessieC said...

Okay, that was hilarious!! I missed the naked guy story too. Good for you, I think I told someone just today, I don't run unless someone is chasing me! Naked or not! So I am very impressed. However, the extra weight comment, give me a break! :)

The Birds said...

How's you running going? There I asked! Could you call and bug me also!!!! I suck! Did you get your tiles finished? How about easels? Did you order the vinyl? Let me know if you need anymore help! Call me when you are ready to get together again. I will sedate Kenedy before we go! ha ha!