Thursday, November 29, 2007

Decision 2008


No, this post has nothing to do with the presidential election. A decision has actually been made and we now know where we will be moving in May. We have known for a couple of weeks now but I haven't posted because I guess I kept hoping something else would open up. Jeff and I will be heading to Green River, Wyoming in June. I am so happy for Jeff because it is the job he really wanted and he will be doing exactly what he wants to do (don't ask me what that entails because I don't really understand...typical). Jeff was also offered a job in Idaho Falls but it wasn't as good of an offer and it wasn't what Jeff wanted to do. I was really hoping that if we were going to move we would move somewhere back east or in the midwest, but there weren't really any opportunities for starting engineers. Oh well, maybe in a 3-5 years. Change is really hard for me and I really don't want to leave my job but I am excited to move onto something new and hopefully to a house. I'm not sure what my chances are for finding a job in a smaller place, but I really hope to find a teaching position because subbing really doesn't sound appealing. I know it won't be like being at the Pony, but at least it will keep me busy. We are currently going through the whole home buying process of getting approved for a loan, etc. etc. so we are keeping busy. Jeff's company (FMC) is paying for us to go up and find a home in December so hopefully we won't come back without at least some ideas. I think finding a home will help me be more excited about moving. Too bad the market there is CRAZY!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff and Beth! Sad for us! We need to get together lots before you are out of here! I am so excited for you to buy a house! You'd better bring pictures back to post! What is the housing market like there? Hey off the subject, did you get my message on Wednesday? Make sure you tell Jeff that Mike and I said, "Congrats!"

jonna said...

What!!! So sad! i guess we knew this day was coming but the actual thought of you leaving is sad...thank goodness we have the blogging world to keep in touch...when are we getting together> i feel like we need to make the most of you time now! COngrats to jeff!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so glad that Jeff found the job he wanted. Wyoming is so pretty. You will be so close to some great fly fishing rivers, hiking, camping etc. I hope that you will be able to find a teaching job. I hear that Wyoming pays well. Good luck!

Lacey said...

That sucks that you're moving so far away....does doug know??? I'm so happy for you though. To finally be out of school and now you can start popping those babies out!!!

Montgomery Family said...

Congrats to Jeff for getting the job he wanted. I'm sure you'll be happy where ever you go. So sad you'll be leaving Pony, but hey I'm probably leaving too!!

Natalie Kay said...

Congrats on the husband finding a job! I'm sure that's really exciting! I dream of the day my husband will graduate, find a good job, and we move in to a house. Basically all my dreams are coming true for YOU! :) I'm totally happy for you. Congrats!

P.S. I will miss you. I know the second grade hall is kind of far away from the 5th grade hall.... but it just won't be the same without you here.

The Peterson's said...

It is good! I love Green River. I hope you can find a house because that will help. I really don't think it will be too hard to get a job. They would be crazy not to give you one. FMC is a great place to work. I worked there for three years while in college (over the summers)