Thursday, December 6, 2007

What is wrong with me???


Okay, so lately I have turned into a major ditz and clutz and I am not kidding. I drop things all the time and have become extremely forgetful. I don't know if I am just getting old, or if I have lost a few brain cells somewhere along the way. A few examples if I may.

1. Yesterday I walked into the bedroom with my makeup and dropped my container of powder spewing it all over the room and all over Jeff's clothes he so conveniently left laying on the floor. You might wonder if I happened to trip. Oh no, I just dropped it. So there I was vacuuming at 6:15 in the morning. I am sure my neighbors loved it.

2. Two times this year I have made my lunch and put in a bag. Then I walk out the door. 15 miles down the road I realize that I have actually left my lunch sitting on the counter. How does that happen? I don't get it. I literally just put it together!

3. One time this year I got my purse ready to go, grabbed my school bag, locked the door and shut it. Just as I heard the door shut the fact that my purse AND keys were still in my apartment flashed through my memory. Thank heavens Megan let me stay at her place until Jeff came home at 7:30.

Well, today takes the cake. Allow me to give you my fourth reason to prove I have turned into a complete idiot.

4. I got home today and Jeff was busy typing a paper. I had forgot to put the chicken out this morning (surprise, surprise) and he forgot to take it out for me. Well, so I am already flustered because I am a bit behind schedule (we don't have a microwave in case you were wondering why I cared about the chicken). So I get the other things ready. I put the frozen corn in the pan and set the pan up. (It's one of those pans where you put the steamer on top and water in the bottom pan. So I deal with the chicken and then it's time to start the corn. I turn on the burner. About 15 minutes later I think, "Hmmm, I haven't heard the water boiling yet. That's weird." I go over to the stove and pick up the lid. I then realize that I never actually put water in the bottom pan. Not only does the corn look terrible, but the bottom pan has actually MELTED. Didn't know that was possible. I call Jeff in and he thinks it's incredible. He can't stop laughing as I am in tears thinking about how I have just ruined my pan. Don't worry, because he thinks it is a great science experiment. He now wants to grind the metal that came off the pan so he can see "what color it is" to figure out the metal. Whatever. I guess I'm in the market for a new set of pans.........UGH!!

9 comments:

jonna said...

i am just going to say it... you know what made me a ditz, forgetful, and dropping everything...prego! j/k too funny...i miss your stories and talking with you everyday...so sad. 2 hours is not bad...we could meet halfway for lunch one time...is there a halfway???:)

Natalie Kay said...

OH MY!!! Poor girl. Don't feel bad, I loose things (especially my keys and my cell phone) all the time.

Yay for new pots though!

Natalie Kay said...

Please notice that Jonna and I posted at exactly the same time. :)

Megan C. said...

Maybe Jeff can get together with his BFF Dallin to do the experiment. I know he would be fascinated too!

Montgomery Family said...

I second Jonna...I know that I'm losing brain cells everyday!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry about your pan. I'm sure you forgot to put water in because you were out on your balcony smoking!!!:-)

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry, Beth, but I have to say "DIDDO" to Jonna and Karen's posts. So, sadly, it never gets better only worse. I love that Jeff wants to do science experiments on it! What a big kid. If he does do it I would love to hear all about it on a later post.

Whitney Hawley said...

Beth I have done that before.. Also your page is so cute!!!

The Peterson's said...

I completely understand! I have those days too! Good luck!

Laura T said...

I burned up a pan the other day too, Beth, so don't feel too bad! Have you ever heard the Brad Paisley song called something like "Little Moments"? Your post totally reminded me of it!