Friday, October 2, 2015

fall!

 This post doesn't have a whole lot to do with the title but I think it's important to note that we survived our first southern summer!  Fall is just as amazing as we had hoped it would be.  The temperatures are heavenly, the colors are starting to change, and we are trying to take it all in, in spite of some less than ideal moments.

This week wasn't bad, it was just a little hard, nothing major, just life with little ones sometimes.  Heidi had the same little bug Savanna had and wasn't feeling or eating well for about 8 days.  She seems to be over that, knock on wood.  Caimb had shots and we all had flu shots.  Caimbree is also working on molars and has definitely not been her happy, easy going little self.  She hasn't been napping well and wakes up in the night quite a bit.  Her little gums look incredibly painful and we are hoping those stubborn things pop through sooner rather that later.

Last night sums up what I'm talking about when I say the week was a little tiring.

2:30 AM-- I hear Savanna calling me to tell me she needs to pee.  I take her and get her settled again.

3:00 AM--I hear Savanna calling me again.  I go in to try to get her to go back to sleep before she wakes up Heidi.  She is laughing telling me she found Caimbree's binky in her bed.  I had to laugh myself.

3:30 AM--I hear Savanna calling me again...sigh.  This time she says, "Can't sleep mom some reason."  I promise her the world if she will just lay still and quiet.

4:00 AM--I hear Savanna calling me again.  "Hug, kiss mom."  I can't be too upset about that.

4:15 AM--Caimbree starts screaming bloody murder.  I give her ibuprofin and pray that will do the trick.  No such luck.  On top of the teeth she can't breathe because she's been stuffed up since the shots.  I clean out her nose and rock her until she falls asleep at 5:40.

6:15 AM--The two oldest come and wake me up.

 They have been surprisingly great today even though I am sure they are as tired as I am.  Savanna has been so cute about helping get the house cleaned up everyday and Heidi and Savanna have gotten along much better today than they have the past three days.  Blessing.  Caimbree was even a little more chipper today which was surprising and is taking a better nap.  Blessing.  We had so much fun jumping on the trampoline together this morning.  The girls loved playing this game they invented called "zoo".  Caimbree and I would walk around the outside of the trampoline and the girls would be pretend to be different animals on the trampoline.  They thought it was hilarious.  Then we went for a wonderful walk and searched for leaves.  We came home and traced them and colored them.  It was a fun fall activity.

I should also mention Caimbree had a bit of an accident yesterday.  She is definitely my most accident prone and I have always been a bit concerned about how much she falls.  I mean, she falls all.the.time.  For no reason.  I even asked the doctor to watch her walk to make sure her hips and muscles and everything looked okay.  She said she thought she was probably just a little clumsy. Anyway, yesterday I was putting dishes in the dishwasher.  I heard her little feet walking on the hardwood floors.  Then I heard a huge bang followed by a horrible scream.  I ran to see Caimbree sprawled on the floor.  Savanna said she was walking and just fell on her face.  She didn't trip on anything.  I picked her up and held her and noticed her mouth was gushing blood.  At first I thought she must have knocked a tooth out, but luckily she didn't.  She wouldn't let me get a good look and I could not get the bleeding to stop.  The bleeding went on for over two hours!!  I was starting to think I might need to go make sure she didn't need stitches somewhere.  I still can't figure out exactly where or how she even hit, but at least she's okay and has all her teeth.  If any of my children end up with a broken bone, my money is on my little Caimbree.  I hope she gets a little more stable soon.  We had the little white table out because we had company over and needed extra space and she was so cute sitting at it all week.

The other picture on here is a cute card that Savanna got in the mail from a lady in our ward.  She had missed church when she was sick and the lady I sat next to in sacrament meeting was asking about her.  She sent her a get well card and Savanna was all smiles carrying her little card around for a week.  We love our ward so much!

Anyway, this post is a bit scattered and jumbled, but we are all excited for fall and Halloween and colored leaves and cooler temperatures in spite of any exhaustion!!  This is most definitely my very, very favorite time of year!  I can't wait to enjoy this beautiful season with my beautiful girls!

No comments: