Sunday, November 16, 2014

primary program

 Today was the Heidi's primary program.  We have been looking forward to the program for quite sometime.  The primary theme this year was Families are Forever.  Heidi's part was, "I love my family because they let me play."  While she repeated this over and over for two weeks straight, when she got to the microphone she said, "I love my family because they love me."  I guess she changed her mind.
 Not only did Heidi have a little speaking part, but she sang a solo.  Yes, a solo.  Heidi.  A solo.  There was a time I didn't think she would ever step foot in the primary room without me, but there she stood (the smallest Sunbeam) at the microphone and sang, "I Will Follow God's Plan".  She did amazing!!  Her memory is incredible and she loves to sing so she learns songs so quickly.
 Savanna was excited to see Heidi sing and while she would have liked to have Heidi next to her, I think she enjoyed having grandma and all the church bag stuff to herself!
 Getting a picture of these three is a nearly impossible task.   A certain two year old is not keen on pictures and by the time I finally get them all in one place, it takes the camera too long to focus to actually get all three of the looking at the camera and happy.  You will just have to take my word for it that they are all adorable.
Jeff's parents came up to support to Heidi and I am so grateful that they drove up to see her sing!  It made her even more excited about her part and I am so grateful when we have more people to show support and love our kids in all the little things.  I know they will always remember the support they feel in all their special moments, big and small.

We are so grateful to the wonderful teachers and leaders who have helped Heidi learn the gospel.  It is so incredible to have support when trying to teach your kids about the Savior, because I am coming to realize it is a huge responsibility.  We love our family and we are so grateful for the promise that families can be together forever!

2 comments:

Dana said...

A solo?!! Oh my! I'm impressed!

Kari said...

How cute, what a memory!