Wednesday, November 19, 2014

five months

 Happy five months to our sweet little Caimbree!  Time is flying way too quickly. Caimbree is an absolute joy and I honestly can't even remember what life was like before we had her.  Funny how that happens.

*Still eating only breastmilk.  She seems satisfied and I am in no hurry to start solid food.  I'm hoping to wait at least one more month.
*Caimbree is pretty mellow as long as she isn't tired or hungry.
*She loves to be held and talked to.
*Loves to laugh.  Laughs the hardest when she is tickled and when she is surprised.  Jeff has been loving this phase and gets her giggling every night.
*When she starts laughing the girls tend to stop what they are doing and rush over to watch their little sister laugh.
*Has a loud voice.
*Generally goes to sleep around 7:30.  Sometimes she needs a binky around 2 and then is up about 5.  Sometimes she wakes up around 4, eats and goes back to sleep until about 6:30.  She's definitely doing better than she was a month ago.
*Not a real consistent napper and I usually just let her nap in the swing.  I really want to get her set up in a room and start working on a schedule, but we have been struggling to decide how we want to rearrange rooms and whether to move Savanna to her big bed yet.  Usually she takes a couple short naps in the morning and a longer afternoon nap.
*Getting close to rolling from back to tummy.  Hasn't rolled from tummy to back in quite some time.
*Loves to play with her hands and has recently discovered her feet.  Cutest phase ever.
*Doesn't like to be a room alone.  If Heidi and Savanna leave a room and it gets quiet, Caimbree gets upset.
*Still will only take the hospital binky.  I don't know if she will ever take another one or give up a binky all together, but I sure don't like the hospital binky.
*I've caught her sucking her thumb a few times, but never for long periods of time.
*Loves to grab things...especially shirts, hair, and blankets.
*Really doesn't like to be on her tummy.
*Mostly wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
*Absolutely adored by her sisters.
*Coos a lot.
*We cannot stop kissing her chubby little cheeks.  We love those cheeks!
*Eyes are still a lighter blue so I am thinking they won't turn brown.
*Seems pretty sociable and doesn't seem to mind new people around.
*She loves her bouncy seat, especially when it's next to the treadmill when I'm running.
*Likes to sit in the bumbo and watch me cook and likes to sit in it on the table during dinner.
*Loves to be cuddled.
*I think she looks like me, at least from the pictures I remember seeing of myself and definitely looks more like Heidi than Savanna when I compare pictures.
*Definitely has the least amount of hair!
*Hates bows and has been known to convince her dad to take them off...he is the only one willing to show sympathy.
*Starting to spin all around on the floor.
*Not crazy about the exersaucer yet.
 We just adore our sweet little Caimbree!  What a treat she has been!  I wish they stayed little just a while longer.




We love you, Caimbree Rae!

1 comment:

Kari said...

She is so adorable. I'm glad she is sleeping better for you!