Monday, April 14, 2014

family night fun

 I love Monday nights.  I love that my girls absolutely love family night.  I would like to say it's always perfect and runs so smoothly every time, but it definitely does not.  Like last week when Savanna just wanted to go to bed and loudly protested the whole evening.  This week was another one to remember.  The girls were super, super hyper tonight for some reason and before family night they were just giggling chasing each other and playing funny little games. Heidi calmed down for family night and couldn't wait for our Easter family night.  Savanna didn't quite get the calm down memo.  We always start with a song that is usually me trying to play while Heidi also plays next to me singing in her cute little voice.  Tonight Savanna insisted on playing as well and she was trying to play with her feet and her head and whatever else she thought would be hilarious.
 When Jeff was trying to tell the story of the Resurrection, Savanna was quite distracting running around like a maniac and doing everything she could possibly think of to distract Heidi.  As frustrating as it was at times, it was also hilarious.
 After learning about why we celebrate Easter, the girls went on an Easter egg hunt with pictures of all the events hidden in eggs.  Savanna was funny because after she would find one, she would put it back where she found it.
 After the hunt, Heidi put the pictures in order and told us the story.  I was shocked she was able to tell it as well as she did considering all the distractions during Jeff's rendition.
Afterwards, Heidi insisted on more egg hunts.  Sunday just can't come soon enough.  So she sent her dad "looking" for the eggs she hid. This was hilarious because the second he came in the room she would blurt out exactly where to go.  "DAD!  I PUT THEM ALL IN MOM'S SHOES!"  "DAD!  THERE'S ONE IN THE BOUNCER!"  Egg hunts and lots of giggling went on for a good hour afterwards. Can I just freeze time right here?  Can I just keep my girls little and innocent forever?

No comments: