Wednesday, April 30, 2014

animal friends

 I feel like our house is exploding with stuffed animals and I don't think we have purchased many of them.  Every time I turn around another one appears from somewhere. They are very well taken care of and have doctor check ups quite often.  What cracks me up about Heidi and her animals are the names she has chosen for them.

In this picture the one with the hairdo is "Hospital Bear"...Heidi got her at the hospital when we took her to the ER last year, of course.

"Sing Giraffy" is the pink giraffe, because she makes music.

"Orange, orange, orange, feet, feet, feet" and "Orange, orange, orange, beak, beak, beak" are the chicks.  These names crack me up for obvious reasons.  Her friend dropped those by around Easter.

"Giraffy" is the fuzzy giraffe and is definitely Heidi's most favorite.  She came from my best friend from high school and hasn't left Heidi's bed since she got her when she turned 2.
 Besides Giraffy, these are the other animals that sleep with Heidi in her bed.  I'm afraid there won't be room for Heidi in the bed soon. "Gracie" and "Greta" came from Jeff for Valentine's Day...I'm surprised they got regular names.  "Lambie" came from Santa and then the red monkey is "Pink Face Pink Ears"...another one of my favorite names. "Pink face, pink ears" was dropped off from a friend around Valentine's Day.
 Heidi has two pillow pets.  We bought her the ladybug (which is actually a butterfly I think) in exchange for her binkys back in the day. Her name is "Lily Lums".  Unfortunately we had to buy another one when we forgot Lilly Lums when we went to grandma's one time and there was no way she was going to sleep without a pillow pet.  The dog is "Doggy Dogs."

 The dog is "Heili" (Hi-Lee), the cat is "Singing Kitty", then there's "Pink and white pups", and lastly "Pinky Stinky."

I have a feeling these animals will be with us for quite a few more years.  Every time I go to clean them out I realize she would definitely notice if one of them disappeared so instead I find them all over the house.  They are definitely Heidi's friends and bring her a lot of joy so I try to patient with her stuffed animal obsession.  Oh and don't ever refer to any of her animals as "he".  You will be lectured on how they are definitely ALL girls.

No comments: