Thursday, October 31, 2013

pre-halloween activities

 Since today is Halloween I decided I better hurry and post about everything we have been doing leading up to today!  We had 5 pumpkins to take care of after the pumpkin patch.  We carved two of them in very elaborate designs.  One was a monster and the other a bird.  They turned out very cool.  While Heidi still is not a fan of all the inside goop, Savanna didn't seem to mind a bit.
 On Tuesday we had a huge snowstorm that dumped about 6-8 inches of snow.  Heids was pretty thrilled about it.  A lot of it has melted, but there is still quite a bit left.  I tried to take Heidi out to build a snowman during Savanna's morning nap, but it wasn't the right consistency so we just played in it for awhile. When Jeff got home it was a little better for snowman making so Heidi and Jeff made a cute little snowman.
 Savanna was very excited about the pumpkins.  She climbed on them, slobbered all over them, and banged them like drums.  I love watching this little girl.
 Since it was later in the evening and super cold when Heidi was making her snowman, I kept Savanna inside with me to clean up dinner.  She would go and bang on the door and then Heidi would come over and talk and giggle with her through the glass.  There is absolutely nothing I love more than watching my two girls interact, giggle, and love each other.  Heidi cannot wait until she helps her build the next snowman.
 On our final three pumpkins we decided to just have Heidi draw on them.  I think Jeff was over the whole gutting and carving by that point, since let's be honest--he pretty much did most of it himself.  Heidi was THRILLED about this idea had a blast drawing her own jack-o-lantern faces.
Savanna loved feeling like she was carving the pumpkins.  She was happy and delightful, like always.  It is so fun to watch her discover the world around her.

I love this holiday and I really, really love watching my girls love this holiday.

No comments: