Monday, October 7, 2013

Family Pictures

 My neighbor and I have been trying to find a day that would work to take our family pictures forever!  It finally happened!  The weather was nice and we were both home so we headed to Fort Bridger.
 Although you wouldn't know it, my two little sweeties were not in the best of spirits.
To get the best light we had to go during dinner time and it was also slightly chilly and Savanna is working on her top teeth.  I am thrilled with what we got and I am SO glad we got some outside shots!
 I love this one of my pretty little Heidi girl.  
 I thought Savanna would be the easy one to get since she loves to be outside.  Getting good pictures of little ones is so hard and I sure wish we had a video of all us doing everything but standing on our heads to get this normally happy little thing to crack a smile.
 I love this little girl.  She really was so patient.
 I wanted to get some more of me with each of the girls and Jeff with each of the girls and possibly another family shot for Christmas cards.  I knew the lighting would be horrible, but we went back to the Fort to try to get a few simple shots.  Clearly these are not "put on your wall" pictures, but I am glad my friend came to help get a few more shots.
 This picture is so typical of the professional pictures and our little photoshoot...if one child looks, the other one inevitably is not looking or pulling a ridiculous face.  
 Jeff was really not happy with me that I wanted to go get a few more pictures.  He was constantly reminding me how bad the lighting was.  Yes, I did know.  But let's be honest, it is very, very difficult to find a time to get any pictures...especially with winter rapidly approaching.
 Yet again, one child is looking, the other is not.
 Heidi really just wanted to throw rocks and sticks in the river.  We were really cramping her style by making her stop to take a few pictures.
Have I ever mentioned how much Jeff adores having little girls?  He tells me all the time how glad he is that we have two little girls.
My absolute favorite, favorite, favorite picture.  Heidi was obsessed with finding little sticks to throw in the river.  She found a huge one and couldn't wait to see what it would do and had to walk right in front of the camera to show her dad.  You should have seen her tiny little body trying to hail that thing around.  Oh and don't forget Savanna's tongue sticking out (her new and favorite trick). And of course I am laughing hysterically.  This picture definitely shows what our very non-professional photoshoot was like.

1 comment:

Fleck Family said...

Oh I just love all of them. It is so fun to see your little ones emotions and personalities :D