Friday, June 7, 2013

sticky fingers

 Heidi used to grab things at this age...but not like Savanna.  I could move something a little farther from her and she would quit trying.  Not Savanna.  I could give Heidi something else to distract her from what I didn't want her to grab.  Not Savanna.  That's why Jeff and I think Savanna is going to be quite the trouble maker as she becomes increasingly more mobile.
Savanna has some serious sticky fingers.  She knows exactly what she shouldn't have and will stop at absolutely nothing to grab it.  She can even be quite sneaky about it.  Like yesterday.  I had a handful carrots.  I picked her up and knew she would try to grab my snack.  I closed my hand around them.  When I glanced at Savanna a half second later she was happily gumming a carrot.  I didn't even feel her take it out of my closed my fist.  She's good...a little too good.  After Heidi got over Savanna having a carrot she shouldn't have ("Mom!!  You better take that carrot!!  Savanna doesn't have teeth!  She's going to choke!") she thought it was pretty hilarious ("Savanna!  You little grabby goo!  How did you get that carrot you little grabby sneaker hands?).

No comments: