Saturday, June 29, 2013

chase the flames

 Ever since Savanna has been born I have been trying to get back into shape.  I run every single morning during her morning nap.  Heidi has learned to use this time to read to her animals.  Although I haven't seen my body get back to where I would like it to be, it has certainly helped my sanity!  In any event, I have been thrilled for summer and the start of all the races!
 We ran a 5k in town this morning and were excited about the kid's fun run that followed.  Savanna slept for most of the 5k and while Heidi enjoyed our race, the fun run was definitely the highlight of her day.
 Boy oh boy did we have fun watching her run this little obstacle course.  She was excited to put her racing number on and had a blast chasing the kids.
 She had a huge grin on her face the entire time and just about everyone was commenting on how adorable she is.  This was a race to benefit the fire department and all the firefighters were getting quite a kick out of our pint sized little ham.
Jeff showing Heidi which way to go through the cones.

One of her favorite events was jumping over the logs.  She would step on them and then jump when she got back on the grass.  It was very funny.

 Afterwards she told us that was hard work and that she was very tired...even though the race probably took a total of 6 minutes or less!  This picture reminds me of something funny she said not related to this picture.  When we headed out for a walk the other morning she said, "Mom, don't forget my water.  I don't want to get dehydrated."  The vocabulary on this child cracks me up.
 Savanna was sweet and content as usual.  She loved watching the kids run their little race and enjoyed our race as well.  She loves to be outside so we knew she would have a fun morning.
 The biggest bummer of the race was that they didn't start until 9:30.  Considering the heat wave we have been having, it was quite warm for a race.  We are hoping they start earlier next year!  We were all pretty overheated by the time they started the raffle and I ended up a major, nasty migraine.  Blasted heat.
Heidi ended up winning some coupons for pizza at the raffle.  She was more than a little thrilled.  It was pretty funny that she is the one who won.  She was pretty excited about racing like mommy and daddy and we hope this is the start of a long running career for her and we can't wait until Savanna can join the fun racing too!

1 comment:

Megan C. said...

Good racing, Hunzikers! I'm impressed!