Monday, June 10, 2013

going private

The time has come.  The time is now.  Isn't that a phrase from something?  I can't put my finger on it, but I think it in my head and it makes me chuckle for some reason.  Is it from a funny movie?

I have decided to make our family blog private.  I have loved having it public because I have been able to connect with so many old friends that wouldn't have found me otherwise.  I like having it easily accessible to family and friends who love us and enjoy reading what we are up to.  However, the point of my blog is, and has always been, to document our lives and especially the lives of our children.  Every two years I publish my blog into a book and it has become such a source of joy for us as a  family.  We pull them out at least once a week and read together about the good times and the hard times.  We laugh at funny things our kids have done.  Most importantly, our blog is a way for me to express my deepest love for my children and my sweet husband.  It is a way for them to know how much joy they have brought into my life.  I hope that long after I am gone, they will read the books and remember fondly the times we shared together as a family and how much love we shared.

With that said, Jeff and I feel it is also important to protect our family so we will be making our blog private in one week.  Please leave me your email address if you would like to continue reading our blog.  Even if I don't know you personally or if you are a friend of a friend (I totally enjoy reading blogs of people I don't know), I will add you to our list.  Thanks to our many readers and supporters that have followed, loved, and watched our family grow these last 8 years!  We hope you will continue to be a part of our journey.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I want to keep reading! danasudweeks@yahoo.com