Monday, May 28, 2012

the little commentator

 If you have been around Heidi for more than 20 seconds, you will know that she never, ever, ever stops yapping.  But more than that, you would also know that she is either commentating on what you are doing, or she is parroting every thing you just said.  On the rare occasion that she is not around, I find myself commentating on what I am doing because she isn't there to do it for me.  The above picture shows that she doesn't just parrot words, she also parrots actions.
 Here is an example of some of things we hear.
*"Mama pee now"
*"Mama wash hands now"
*"Dada sleep now.  Good night dada."
*"Heila go upstairs now.  Almost there!"
*"Mama sick.  Mama throw up"
*"Dada throw Heila's poo poo way now."
*"Wo!  Heila almost fall!"
*"Heila wear mom shoes now."
*"Heila scare dad now"
*"Awful wind!  Go way wind!"

...you get the point...and most everything ends in "now".

Oh and if something "traumatic" happens, you will hear about it for at least 2 days.  Like the bag that blew out of Jeff's hands and flew away past the blue boat.  "Black bag blow way blue boat."  She will continue to repeat it until you repeat what she says and then she will say, "Yeah."  Then about 3 minutes later you will hear the same story.
Then of course there is the parrot.  My favorite is when I am talking to Jeff and say something like, "Jeff, can you come here for a second?"  Then I hear, "Jeff!  Come here second!"  When we stopped to get something to eat she heard the person say, "Jeff!  Your food is ready."  In comes Heidi, "Jeff, food ready!"  We really have to watch what we say because she literally copies everything.  I said, "crap" the other day and when I heard Heidi say it after me I realized it doesn't sound great coming from the lips of a 21 month old!

The pictures are of Heidi's new favorite "hiding" spot.  She thinks she is hidden if she hides on this stair.  "Where did Heila go?"  She also likes taking her toys to this stair and playing there and she likes to pretend to sleep there.  That stair is definitely making the transition to "Heila's new house" a little easier!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Heidi I am coming up to Wyoming in Aug the very 1st weekend. I would love to be able to come see you! Will you be free on that Sat so we can plan something? She is cute!