Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's a Halloween Miracle!

I realize this is a very old picture of the little one, but I am on Jeff's computer and that is all he's got and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get the camera. So anyway my little munchkin has been such a delight lately. Last night, Heidi slept from 8pm-5am. I realize this may just a major fluke, but hey, I'll take it!

The napping was getting better, but then it got really bad again. She had a day or so where she did awesome, but then everything unravelled. No matter how tired she was, she would SCREAM until she was hoarse for 20-25 min. and never give in. She threw such tantrems in that 20 min. that she literally managed to get herself out of the swaddle, scoot to the top of the crib, get her sleeper off one shoulder, and both legs in one leg of the sleeper. She's a magician apparently. I have been letting her nap in the swing the last two days because she just doesn't seem to be getting the "cry it out" yet and I really, really tried for 4-5 days for every nap. She has been sleeping in her crib at night, so maybe I will go back to trying the naps in another couple of weeks and see what happens.

With Jonna's help, I realized I may not be producing quite enough milk for this little one. I have been pumping like crazy and trying to feed bottles so I know how much she is getting. The bottle that works like a charm is the playtex drop-in with the latex nipple. Life saver. My friend let me borrow a whole bunch of different ones and this one was the winner--same friend that let me borrow the mobile--she has been such a life saver! Realizing that she liked the latex nipple I thought maybe I should try a binky with a latex nipple. I had tried so many different shapes and sizes, but didn't think about material. Well, wa-la! She takes it!!! She only takes it when she's mad or tired, which is exactly when I want her to take it. Thanks to these two discoveries she successfully made it 3 hours at church. I guess we'll see how she does tonight...I hope it wasn't just a fluke, but even if it was, I'll be grateful for one night!

5 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I love your little Heidi! I'm glad you were able to make it through church today, and also that things have been getting better.

Lindsey said...

I am so glad that you are finding things that work. Don't you love the guess work that comes with motherhood? J/K! Good luck tonight!

Montgomery Family said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you...and Heidi!

jonna said...

glad I could help! here for whatever else you want to bounce off on me. I am no expert of course, but after 2 I think I've got some mad skills in the area! good job heidi...remember she is still young...she will get it! Just stick to it.

The Peterson's said...

Yea for you guys!