Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two Months

Time is flying by! I think Heidi was embarrassed when I mentioned she was a bit of a cranky pants because for the last 5 days or so, she has been quite delightful! Now I probably jinxed it, but I sure hope not.

I am taking Heidi in for her 2 month this week and then I will list her stats. We think she is about 9 pounds now...what a chunk...lol.

Here are some fun things we have noticed:

*Starting to bat at toys, though seemingly unintentional. It is so fun to see her reaction when she hits the rattle.
*Smiles and coos all the time. Happiest time is in the morning.
*Loves to be cuddled. She has a hard time sleeping if she's not on mom or dad's shoulder.
*Fights naps like you wouldn't believe. I think it's b/c she doesn't want to miss a minute w/ her mommy :)
*Likes walks, but only if mommy or daddy carry her--what can I say, we must be great cuddlers!
*Loves her diaper pad...what the? It is so funny. She smiles and coos like nobody's business when she's on that thing!
*She's ALWAYS moving those arms and legs, even while eating.
*Holds rattles for a short time.
*Can hold her weight on her legs. Probably easy for her since she's such a lightweight.
*Eats every 3-4 hours. Usually goes to sleep around 8 and gets up between 2 and 4 and then again around 6 or 7. Every now and then she will get up at 12:30??? Hope that stops happening.
*Hates her car seat and being in the car. I've decided she must be claustrophobic like her mama.
*Likes bath time, but hates getting out and getting in her pjs.
*When I get up to feed her at night she is so hilarious. As soon as I turn the hall light on she stops crying instantly. As soon as I look at her she gets this HUGE grin on her face. I swear she's thinking, "Ha, my little cry worked again!"
*Does surprisingly well at church until she needs her nap...dad usually ends up taking her home since mom teaches YW.
*Doesn't like to wear bows often. Probably because she loves twirling all her luscious locks and the bows are just in the way.
*Twirls hair and pulls her ear.
*Makes a funny face when she's about to cry.
*Only likes the swing if the treadmill is going.
*Likes the sound of the blow dryer.
*Sleeps w/ arms above her head--refuses to let arms be swaddled.
*When startled her arms go flying up--it's hilarious.
*Likes to be sung to. Loves "The wheels on the bus".
*Likes me to bounce her on my knee and sing Humpty Dumpty.

We just love her to pieces and are so glad she's here. I thought leaving teaching would be harder than it is. My little Heids keeps me so busy I hardly have time to think about school. She already has dad wrapped around her finger and we can't wait to see all the new little things she does every day!


3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

She sound so fun! I wish i could meet her! I am sure you are a great mommy and I would be happy to hangout with you too!

McMurtrey said...

I'm so excited to see her. Sounds like she has a funny personallity.

The Birds said...

I am glad she has calmed down a little bit. Lincoln was the same way. He screamed for three months because of reflux. I felt like I was going to put a permanent dent in my floor from pacing around. I held him face down over my forearm and that helped a ton with his tummy aches. At three months he became such a "mellow" boy. He was also very skinny because he threw up so much. Once he started sitting up, gravity helped keep things down and he put on some weight. She has already gotten better and I bet she will continue to do that! Good luck! I would love to meet sweet Heidi, she is so stinken cute!!!