Monday, March 24, 2008

Detective


*This post has the potential to be a bit lengthy, but if you are in the mood for a good mystery, it might prove to be a great read.*

You may or may not know this about me but I love, and I mean love, crime shows. I watch Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, AMW, Cops, etc whenever I get the chance (or whenever Jeff will let me). The problem is, I get nightmares. When we had cable and Court TV Jeff banned me from the station because my nightmares were so bad. However, I just cannot get enough. Crime fascinates me. I'm sure somehow it stems from watching these shows with my dad. The point however of my post is, I think it might be possible to see me interviewed on one of these shows. Probably not really, but I'm telling you, there is a mystery with my neighbors. We'll just call them "BUCK and SANDY".

Buck and Sandy are an older couple that live in our building. They are hilarious--odd, but hilarious. There are some facts you need to know about them.

*Buck is an alcoholic of sorts. He loves his beer and drinks it all day long, day and night. He for some reason thinks Sandy does not know about this habit even though he drinks at least a case or two a day and leaves his cans ALL OVER the ground around the complex. Jeff and I pick up at least 10-15 new cans/day.
*Jeff and I find it funny to watch Buck. He hides his beer in the trunk of his car. He comes out trying to pretend to be "busy". He opens his trunk, takes a sip, looks around, and then closes the trunk.
*Jeff said Buck has cases of beer hidden in the maintence room.
*Buck and Sandy are known to get in little tiffs. Over the summer I would laugh because our windows would be open. I would hear Sandy say, "Well, you're not getting any!!" Then I would hear Buck say, "I don't remember asking for any!" What the gross?!
*Sandy and Buck never really have anywhere to be. They mill around with their little dog and just kind of wander around when they are outside.
*Buck and Sandy leave in the winter to warmer weather. They take their big RV and Buck's white truck. They leave Sandy's green SUV.

Now for the mystery. So the weather has been nicer. Our friend Sandy has been spotted as well as the little dog. She seems to be back home for good. However, where is Buck?? That's what I want to know. Nowhere. No truck. No RV. No spotting. Jeff of course thinks I have been watching a few too many crime shows but I think there is something fishy going on. Sandy all of a sudden seems to have a job or something. She is gone during the day when she never used to be. Not one peep from Buck. Not one beer can. Maybe this is normal, but maybe not. You just might see me being interviewed as "the neighbor that always suspected something"....

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOL!!! You make me laugh. I must admit, though, you have me intrigued. You are going to have to keep us posted on what you find out about your neighbors. You now have a hooked reader. Keep the detective work up and your discoveries coming. :)

jonna said...

this reminds me of the time about your naked runner! You had that one going for awhile...I know you will solve the mystery...just like the good ol' days at pony when we would try to figure out all the love triangles...remember!??

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

Okay girl I was rolling laughing. You need to work on the crime tv shows. You would be perfect!! Who needs teaching when you can be solving mysteries!!

MiChElLe said...

Beth, you are a nut! I have to admit I love all those dumb shows to and since Jordan is gone all week I have to then watch something happy afterwards to get my mind to not think of the murder show I watched or to think of all the ways that someone could get in my house and I have to sleep with the tv on so that I don't hear (or think that I hear) all the wierd noises! Ahhh! We are related after all (it must be the Barnard that makes us crazy!!!) Now, you better keep your blog updated! Well, I hope that you had a great Easter weekend.

Cheryl said...

That definitely sounds sketchy. You'll havae to let us know when to catch your big interview! BTW, the cakes are both hyperlinks. I just didn't realize that I didn't have them set up to be a different color. So, just go back and click on a title. The chocolate one is SO easy. Enjoy!

Montgomery Family said...

Beth, you are seriously one of the funniest people I know! I can't wait to hear what happened to Buck!! Keep us posted!

The Peterson's said...

That is so funny because I used to live there and know who you are talking about. They are a funny couple. Let me know what happens!

McMurtrey said...

This is my theory of what happened!! Buck in his efforts to conceal his drinking problem was trying already drunk while Sandy was sleeping and was trying to sneek another sip while he could. Was enjoying this pleasant situation when a deer jumped out of nowhere and the intoxicated Buck swerved and struck him!! Well the car was totally a loss and Buck was caught and is now in jail for drunk driving!! Sandy is now having to go to work in order to pay for a lawyer!!

hunz said...

I think Buck was as tired of the snow as I am and decided to stay down south. But he was running out of money and sent his wife home to go to work and send him money to keep him living in the life of luxury. Beer costs you know.

Carrie and Jeff said...

You are too funny Beth! I wouldn't call you a detective--I'd say you're a nosy neighbor---JK! I would be wondering what's going on too. Keep up the good work!

Laura T said...

Oooh, mystery, I love it! Maybe Buck didn't really have a drinking problem at all, it was just an act to keep the neighbors from getting suspicious. He's really some sort of secret agent, sent to spy on the questionable activities of a certain neighbor, posing as a "teacher"...

The Birds said...

Beth, I am laughing out loud! This reminds me of the days that we would watch the affair at Pony Express and the potential affairs! So funny! You better keep us posted with Buck and Sandy, but for now here is my version of the story: Buck and Sandy were away to "Warmer Weathers" and Buck got a little drunk and smacked poor Sandy. Sandy was at her wits end with "just" finding out that her husband was an alcholic and now having been beat up that she went into "Crazy Wife" mode and hit her husband with his big white truck! She wasn't trying to kill him of course, just bruise him like he had done to her. However, in her attempt to "bruise" her sweet husband, she did indeed kill him. What did she do next? Dumped the body and the truck (evidence) out into the ocean. As for the RV, poor Sandy hadn't noticed (due to shock from just murdering her husband) that it was attached to the truck as the truck was dumped over a cliff. Now Sandy has come back to normal life without her husband, RV, and truck! She has no one to talk to, fight with, and make love with, so she is bored and decides to get a job! What do you think? LOL

Lacey said...

Okay that was the greatest post because we all do that with our neighbors. You've got to ask this lady....I'm dying to know. Pleaseeeeee

Lea Tame said...

Beth, I just keep following your footsteps... first Jetman and now I've started a blog!!! Come visit me! leabillings@blogspot

JessieC said...

You are too funny. You never know about neighbors though. Maybe she finally left his drunk butt!