Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Maybe Texas has the right idea!!


So while we were in Texas I was absolutely hating the 110 degree days that felt like 120. I hated the humidity, I hated the bugs, and I hated how it never, never cooled down. Now that we are facing the third big storm in a week, I am thinking Texas sounds pretty good right now! I was looking up the weather on Yahoo and it was still logged in for Corpus Christi from this last summer. It pulled up the weather and said 63 degrees. I was pretty confused for a split second. I know many have posted about the awful weather, but I felt I would add to the sentiments. I have never been one to hate winter and I love the first snow and how it makes everything look clean and white. I don't love the slow commute we usually have a few times a year, but it's not the end of the world. But this year!!! I feel like everyday I have to get up extra early to check the roads and make sure I head out early enough to make it to work on time. This morning it took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get to work! I always worry about Jeff heading to Salt Lake everyday too. Will this winter ever end??? I am beginning to think no. On the news this morning they said to plan on seeing snow through May. Really? Really???? I'm not sure I can make it like this until May...especially if we have anymore inside recesses. Is Jeff sure he wants to move to Wyoming? I think I am going to have to invest in some good pairs of long johns!

7 comments:

Linsey said...

I completely agree with you there Beth! Normally I love the snow, but now I am thinking it is a little much. I am ready for spring and warmth!

Natalie Kay said...

I...NEED...SUN!

Megan C. said...

Did they really say snow until May? I don't think I can handle it!!! Bring the sun back!!

Lindsey said...

More inside recesses?!?! I hated inside recesses. What wimpy kids we are raising. Hang in there1 It can't last until May, there's no way, right?! :P

The Birds said...

INDOOR RECESS SUCKS! I am sorry bethy! I am going crazy inside also! I have been sick and I need to get better so I can get out of here!AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Hey Beth--this is Carrie Bean. I hope you don't mind--I found you through Lindsey's blog. I just started blogging. It's a fun way to keep in contact with people. Check out my blog--cjbeanfamily.blogspot.com

Amber Horspool said...

Hey Beth! It's Amber, Sara's Sis. I found your blog linked on hers. I'm so glad! You and your husband are so cute! BTW- I don't think I knew you had a little sister- she's adorable!