Saturday, January 26, 2008

Busy Saturday...

Can I just say I am grateful for a warm, sunny Saturday? I seriously cannot wait until spring. I usually don't mind that much, but this winter has been awful! Today we woke up early because our neighbors were stomping around at 5:30. Yay. We tried to sleep a little longer and then gave up. Jeff's friend passed away two weeks ago and his funeral was today. We went to his funeral in AF. It was such a beautiful service and I couldn't help but notice how different it was from my grandpa's non-lds funeral. So many people loved Jeff's friend and we are so sad he is no longer with us. I am so grateful for the atonement and for the promise that we can all see one another again. It has been really hard for Jeff because this is his second high school buddy to pass away in the last year. Over the summer one of his other cross country pals was killed in Iraq. Anyway, so we came home, attempted to wash the car, and clean the house. I am pooped and ready for a nap!! I know that as I soon as I lay down our neighbors will either start a movie or blast some music. We really just attract loud neighbors!

7 comments:

jonna said...

no we attract noisy neighbors! I feel ya on that one! Sorry about jeff's friend. that is crazy! Glad you were able to accomplish things and relax. we had fun last sunday...thanks for the yummy potatoes. I ate the leftovers...so proud of myself!:)

The Birds said...

Beth, I am so sorry to hear about Jeff's friend! It is amazing the difference between an LDS funeral and a non-LDS funeral! Non-LDS funerals are so much sadder. With LDS funerals there is hope of being with your loved one again! Do you agree? Can't wait to see you next Saturday!

jonna said...

hey bethy! heres what we still need:

salad
dessert
bread or rolls of some sort
finger food (meatballs, cheese.crackers, fruit..etc)

let me know!

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry about Jeff's friends. Thankfully, like you said, you have the gospel. Hang in there with the noisy neighbors. Just a little few monthsish and you will be enjoying a new house in the wonderful state of Wyoming. Speaking of house, how is the house hunt coming along?

The Peterson's said...

That is weird. We could never hear them. (Unless it is someone else now). Maybe it is the different apt thing. I am sorry about Jeff's friend. I glad it was beautiful in nice.

Montgomery Family said...

I'm sick of the snow too!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth and Jeff! It's actually Aunt Christine,(not anonymous) :)