Sunday, February 4, 2018

family night

 We have been doing our family night on Sunday this school year because Caimbree has dance on Monday evenings.  It actually works out really well and I prefer it not on a school night anyway.  Last week we had a really simple but meaningful lesson that has really helped us all with our mindset!  I thought I would just stick it in the blog book so if we forget, maybe we can remind ourselves later. I told the girls the red balls were all the good things we have in our lives--things that are going well, people who love us and we love, things to look forward to, etc.  The green balls are bumps in the road--things that don't go as planned or perfect, sickness, something mean someone says, etc.  We have the choice which balls we will focus on and sometimes we get stuck only paying attention to the green balls and when we do that, we aren't as happy or grateful for all that we have.  We also talked about how people in our lives all have things we love so much about them and maybe a few things we would do differently or little annoyances that they have and we can choose to focus on the green or red, and if we only focus on the green it will be a
lot harder to notice their good qualities and the green balls will seem bigger.  It was a great visual!

This other picture isn't related to the post, but I don't want to forget how this little bug would often fall asleep in my arms when I would read to her in the late afternoon.  She doesn't take formal naps anymore because it is just too hard to get her to bed, but she still needs them and will crash in the car or in my arms frequently.  I'm going to miss holding her sleeping little body and watching her peaceful little face!

No comments: