Saturday, February 24, 2018

a few extra days off

 There has been so much nasty sickness going around and so many kids were missing school because of it, they cancelled a few days.  One of the days off we had beautiful weather!  I was on the treadmill and the girls were playing a little 'hotel' game.  They had their sleeping bags out and suitcases packed.  It was the cutest game.  I had about 5 minutes left and Heidi asked if they could go outside.  I said that was fine and I would be right out.  What I didn't anticipate was that they would be changing into swimming suits and getting soaked!!  It was hilarious!  I guess 65 degrees feels really warm after a long, cold winter!  They were playing that they were at Holiday World.  The ride was where they would ride a balance bike and water would get dumped on their heads.  It was very creative and they had an absolute blast. I love seeing them play creative games all together.

During one of the days off Heidi was eating a tootsie pop from her Valentines loot from school. I told her about the owl commercial from when I was a kid about the owl counting how many licks to the
middle of a tootsie pop.  About 20 minutes later she popped out of the office and said, "236!"  When I asked her what she was talking about, she said she counted the licks.  Later I went into the office and saw that she not only counted, but was recording the licks.  Such a funny girl.

No comments: