Friday, August 7, 2015

pre-k open house

 Yesterday was Heidi's open house at the First United Methodist preschool!  Her teachers are clearly amazing and her classroom is perfect.  She could not be more thrilled and is so disappointed she has to wait until next Wednesday for the first day.

Savanna kept saying she wanted to go too.  I said, "I can sign you up for the two year old class, but you have to go without mom." To which she replied, "No preschool for Zanny.  Okay?"  Oh my goodness my kids are nervous about being away from me.  But I never, ever thought Heidi would ever leave the room without me and now she is ready to go so I am sure it will click with Savanna at some point too.

 Being in her classroom brought back so many wonderful memories for me.  I knew exactly the kind of work that was put into getting that classroom so organized and prepared and I appreciate it so much!  I am so grateful to have found this little program and for the teachers that are going to take care and teach
 my baby twice a week.  The first day will be fun for Heidi, but emotional for me.  I am so grateful she missed the deadline.  I look at it as such a gift.  I know she would have done really well in kindergarten.  She is just the school type....but the fact that I get to have her at home an entire extra year of her life is priceless.
 Heidi was so excited to find her cubby with her name by it and her chair.  She was thrilled with how many girls were in her class and has already picked out the girl she thinks is going to be her best friend.  She has already started coming up with fun games she is going to play on the playground at recess.  Where has my baby gone??  I mean, seriously.  It happens so fast.  I love watching her enjoy some independence and spread her wings a little, but can we please just slow it down a touch??!




No comments: