Friday, August 28, 2015

heidi at five

 I am still a little in shock that Heidi is five.  I don't know why it seems so much older than four.  She is really starting to seem grown up now and I we are having fun watching her discover her independence and talents.

*Heidi still has the most incredible memory.  Vocabulary words, directions, names, and random information.  It never ceases to amaze me.  The other day at the library she reminded me she wanted to see if they had any Betty Bunny books and that the author was Michael Kaplan (I had mentioned the author's name one time two weeks prior to our visit).  I am still shocked she remembered because I had long forgotten.  Friends, family, and even strangers have commented on her vocabulary and memory skills.
*Loves crafting and art activities.  She could color, paint, or draw for hours and hours.  She had so much fun making all kinds of crafts with my mom when she was here.  She is getting really good at drawing now too and her cutting abilities are far better than I would expect her to be at.
*Loves school.  She was built for school really.  Following directions, following rules, being responsible...yeah, all those things make her love school all the more.

 *Still enjoys playing doctor, but she doesn't seem to play as much as she once did.
*Always coming up with games to play.  Whenever she is around other kids, she seems to be the ring leader and invents all kinds of things to play.  It's fun to watch and kind of surprises me.
*More withdrawn in large groups or when she is around people she doesn't know very well.
*Absolutely obsessed with books still.  Checking out ten is just not enough.  She wants me to read them to her the minute we get home from the library and at least 4 times after that and then she spends a great majority of the time reading them to herself.  She is getting self conscious about it and prefers to read if she doesn't think anyone is watching her.
*Enjoys riding her bike and running at the lake.
*Loves puzzles and card games.
*So responsible.  I can always count on her to take care of her stuff and keep everyone on track!
*Still says she wants to be a vet when she grows up.
*Loves building legos and especially loves following the booklet to make what they show.
*Very sensitive and loving.
*She says her favorite foods are pizza and spaghetti but she is a good eater and is usually the one I can get to at least try most things.  She absolutely loves strawberries and would eat a carton a day if she could.
*Loves to sing and picks up on new songs very quickly.
*Heidi is a very, very good big sister.  She is so good at helping me with Savanna and Caimbree and she is always so careful when swinging with Caimbree or just watching her to make sure she isn't climbing something she shouldn't be.
*Loves the trampoline, hide and seek, and tag.
*Loves to say, "Last one there is the rotten egg!"  If she's last she will laugh and say, "Guess I'm the rotten egg!"
*Loves to be silly with her dad.
*Makes friends easily.
*Likes to be in charge.
*Can get very sassy when she's tired...yikes.
*Loves shoes, clothes, and shopping.
*Heidi loves her dance class and is so excited to go each week.  She is getting really good and especially likes that her class is both tap and ballet.
 *Getting braver around water.
*Her nicknames are Heid (I am pretty sure I have rarely heard Savanna call her anything else), Heidi Bug, Heider Spider, Heidi girl, Heids

 We are so happy to have this delightful five year old
in our family!  She brings us all so
much joy.  I am so grateful she is learning and 
growing and developing so many
talents.  I would be lost without 
my amazing helper and buddy.


We love you, Heidi Bug!!!


No comments: