Monday, August 24, 2015

getting in a new routine

 The first few days of Heidi being in school were a little rough.  It was rough for me trying to figure out how to make the time productive and not focus on missing Heidi and really hard on Savanna.  Heidi and Savanna are always together.  Always.  It's weird to see one without the other.  They depend on each other.  Sometimes they fight and it drives me nuts. but they also play really well together most of the time.  When we build our new house I don't know if they are really going to separate to different rooms.  They both depend on each other now and don't like going to sleep later or earlier than the other.  It's pretty cute.
 Today we dropped Heidi off at school and for the first time Savanna didn't cry.  I have been trying to not let myself get busy with stuff like housework and focus the time on Savanna and Caimbree.  I am really starting to cherish this time with my two littlest.  Their favorite thing to do is play outside as soon as we get back.
 I want to use the time to work with Savanna a little bit on preschool stuff.  She still has 3 years before kindergarten because of her late birthday and she isn't really interested in sitting down and doing workbook pages or anything.  Her learning style is different than Heidi's and I am having fun figuring out what works with her.  The last few times we have been working on counting.  She used to count, "One, two, one two".  So we went on the trampoline and counting our bum jumps, then we counted how many times we could run around the trampoline, then we counted our high jumps.  Today we counted how many times we were swinging and surprise!  Savanna can now count to 10!  This might not seem like that big of deal, but I have been trying to work with her on some of this stuff for months and she has shown no interest.  It is so rewarding to work with her and figure out what she likes and how she learns.  I am so in love with her personality.  She is getting so creative and I always consider her to be my little free spirit.  It is so fun watching her grow and change.
 Caimbree has also been enjoying a little more attention.  She is such a dream and we all love her so much.  She seems to have a shy and cautious personality.  She LOVES to be outside.  She gets excited over animals.  She loves climbing on everything and has recently figured out how to get on a chair.  She adores slides and especially likes to try to climb up them.  She loves to be read to and is convinced that whatever book someone else has is the exact one she needs.
Caimbree also started walking this weekend.  She is 14 months old and is my latest walker.  I am happy to see her walking because I was really starting to get nervous that maybe there was something wrong with her hips or legs.  Once she started walking, however, it really hit how fast she is growing up.  She is most likely my last baby and knowing that this is the last time I will experience one of my babies learning to walk was a little bittersweet.  What a dream baby she has been....if I knew I would get another one just like her I would have twelve more.  In case I haven't mentioned it before, I love my girls.  I love being a mom.  Some days are so hard and overwhelming, and sometimes I am not quite sure who I was before I became a mom, but I wouldn't change this life for anything.  They are growing and changing faster than I can keep up and my heart just keeps filling up with more and more love for them every day.

No comments: