Saturday, August 1, 2015

belle meade plantation

 My mom and sister left for home today.  We went for a hike at Montgomery Bell Park in the morning and then we got everything loaded and headed into Nashville.  We got lunch and headed to one of the places we wanted to see on our list: Belle Meade Plantation.  I actually enjoyed it more than the Hermitage even though I love the Hermitage as well.  The girls had a blast with the yard games they had out: Beanbag toss, horseshoes, and croquet.  It was pretty hot in the sun, but they seemed to have fun anyway.  They were glad to have Melissa there.  Savanna was quite out of sorts because she had fallen out of bed at 5:30 in the morning (yes, she has a rail) and hadn't had a nap.  She was pretty whiny.  She is my one who really hates the heat so that didn't help.


 We walked around the plantation until it was our turn for the mansion tour.  You can't take pictures in the mansion but it was beautiful and we learned so much.  Savanna was a mess but fell asleep in my arms during the last ten minutes or so of the tour.  Considering how tired she was, she actually did pretty well.  We dropped my mom and sister off and headed home.  Heidi is having a really, really hard time not having Melissa here.  She went to bed and woke up an hour later bawling.  I asked her what was wrong and she said she just wants Melissa to come back and that she is afraid she isn't going to come back.  It breaks my heart.  Heidi and Melissa have a special little bond and I wish they lived closer together.  We had a fun time at Belle Meade and look forward to going back another time...maybe in the fall when it isn't quite as hot.



No comments: