Thursday, July 2, 2015

latest developments

I can't believe it's already July.  Here are few pictures I had on my phone.  The first one is the girls on one of our evenings around the lake.  They like to run holding hands and it never ceases to be one of my favorite things to watch.  The second is just one of my new favs of Caimbree.  Gosh I love these girls.
Last week the weather was pretty hot and miserable.  This week has been pretty delightful.  Overcast, sometimes thunderstorms, and perfect evenings.  This week we completed the purchase of the land we bought.  We need to find a houseplan and get started.  I don't know why we can't seem to settle on one this time.  To be honest I think some of it is homesickness.  I have good days and bad days and I think deep down I that's why I am having a hard time committing to anything.  I know the feeling will pass and I am starting to have more good days than bad.  Change is just always hard and some days I really miss my friends and my house.  I'm not saying I don't like it here, because I do and I don't talk about this much because when I do people tend to freak out and think I am trying to say I want to move back or that I am miserable or something and that is not the case.  I just feel a little out of place and I think it's normal considering the huge change we made.  Sometimes it's a little culture shock and sometimes it's just feeling a little lonely.  I'm so grateful for my girls though.  They seem to know when I'm struggling.  Today I was a little weepy and Heidi was concerned and when I told her I was just missing our old place she said, "Oh, well it's okay.  I love it here and you will too.  We can go outside whenever we want and we go for lots of walks and don't you love the trees?"  It really helped me snap out of my mood.  We will find a plan.  I think we are down to about 2 and if we can't figure it out from there, we will probably just sit down with an architect.  Anyway, just keeping it real.  Exciting things are coming and I am really excited to have a little more space soon.  We are getting excited to celebrate the Fourth in a few days...Nashville has the biggest show in the country this year so I'm sure it will be an exciting day!

No comments: