Thursday, July 9, 2015

starting young

In the evenings we go to the lake and Jeff and I take turns going for a run while the other walks with the girls.  It has become one of my favorite routines.  The last few times Jeff has taken Heidi on his last time around and run with her for about half a mile.  She feels so special and Jeff couldn't be happier to run with his little buddy.  Heidi has been able to go a little further each time and looks forward to Jeff picking her up at the end of his run.  Heidi has always been such a mama's girl but for the last year or so she has figured out that dad pretty much rocks and they are developing such a neat relationship.  I love that she is realizing how lucky she is to have such an awesome dad.  Last night after playing on the trampoline with him after dinner she came in crying.  I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just love dad so much. I don't want to come inside."  He always has the best games and knows how to make everything fun.  The girls hit the jackpot in the dad department.

No comments: