Friday, July 24, 2015

bumps and bruises

Heidi has a balance bike and she has gotten VERY good on it.  As in zooming down the hills at a much faster speed than I am comfortable with.  This morning on our walk she started even farther up on the giant hill than she usually does before I could even say anything.  It did not end well and I get teary eyed every time I look at her face.  She didn't land on her head, but she rolled a few times with her bike and her face scraped along the pavement.  I am praying I can prevent it from scarring.  Unfortunately it looks even worse than the picture appears.  I have a helmet for her that Jeff was going to dig out last night but never got around to and now I am kicking myself for not insisting that we find it before she got even more brave.  Of course now she is freaked out about riding, but I think in a day or two she will get over that.  She's worried about going to meet her teacher in a week because she is very self conscious about her scrapes.  Anyway, it was a rough morning for both of us.  I am grateful it wasn't worse, especially since she didn't have her helmet on.

While I was rocking her and nursing her wounds, Savanna climbed on my lap.  If you know Savanna she is a bouncy little thing.  She was bouncing around on my lap and banged her face on the wood part of the rocking chair.  Blood was all over her mouth and I was sure she had knocked a tooth out.  Thankfully she hadn't, but she had a nice scrape on her gums that took about 15 minutes to stop bleeding. It was a rough morning.  With Caimbree climbing up and down and all over things I'm sure she's next, knock on wood.  I am hoping for a less eventful afternoon!

No comments: