Tuesday, September 2, 2014

preschool

I wasn't going to do preschool with Heidi this year...well, I was, but I was just going to do my own thing.  I had a lot of reasons why I opted out this year, but mostly it had to do with feeling so overwhelmed with 3 little ones age 4 and under.  Everyone said how hard it would be...and it is.  I rarely have 2 minutes to get anything done and I don't feel like I am sufficiently meeting the needs of any of my girls. My friends tried to talk me into joining the group all summer, but I just didn't want to. Well, last night they asked me one last time and after thinking about it and talking it over with Jeff, we decided to let Heidi be with her friends.  I realized that all of the reasons I was keeping her out, were selfish reasons.  She wanted to be with her friends and she loved preschool last year.  Me keeping her home made it easier for me. Plus, Jeff and I feel that she really does need something more and that she gets bored at home.  So, here we go!  She went to her friend Evie's house this morning and she could not wait.  She was all smiles this morning and was begging to go starting around 6:30am.  I think it will be at our house next month so I better start preparing.  After seeing the joy on her face when I picked her up and hearing her tell me all about her day, I felt good about the decision to do preschool again...even though I missed her like crazy the two hours she was gone.  Savanna may have missed her even more.  Poor little thing bawled her eyes out the whole ride home and kept screaming, "HEIDI!  HEIDI!"    It really is such a cute group of girls. Happy first day of preschool, Heidi.  It's going to be a great year!

No comments: