Monday, September 8, 2014

mud camping

 The weekend before Labor Day we went camping.  We were so excited to go since Jeff's parents and Jeff's good friend were coming along.  The forecast didn't look very promising, but let's be honest, it has done nothing but rain pretty much every weekend all summer long.  Caimbree and Savanna had their shots the day before, which wasn't great timing, but when you have to schedule appointments two months in advance, that's just what happens sometimes.  Anyway, when we headed up the weather wasn't too bad and we even got to take a short ride before lunch. The girls had so much fun in the Rhino.  By evening the weather started turning and we knew we were going to get wet.  Savanna started acting weird at dinner time.  She wouldn't eat and seemed really tired.  I put her to bed early but she just couldn't settle down.  She doesn't sleep well out of her bed so I assumed that's all it was.  We got Heidi to bed and the rain really started coming down.  Then Savanna woke up an hour after she went down.  She was burning up.  I thought it was probably the shots.  I stayed up with
Savanna literally all.night.long.  As in, I did not sleep for one second.  The whole time I was up all I could hear was the rain pouring down.  By morning the rain had turned to snow.  Yes, snow.  Heidi woke up and started saying, "Merry Christmas!"  It was crazy.  I told Jeff to just take me and Savanna home because she seemed to be getting worse.  He decided we could all just go home since we wouldn't be able to go riding or anything.  Well....it had rained so much that everyone's trailers were stuck.  We finally had to just leave them there and go back when it dried out some.  We took Savanna to the Urgent care to find she had an ear infection and strep throat...again.  My guess is that she got it from the stinking doctor's office.  Please tell me why they have toys in a doctor's office.  It irritates me to no end.  Either way, the poor little thing as miserable.  We put her on the only antibiotic she hasn't had a reaction to and she started feeling better.  Of course she was supposed to take it for 10 days but there was only enough for 8 days.  The pharmacy is an hour away so I didn't go get more.  I hope it doesn't screw her already awful immune system up.  From these pictures you would never know she was going to get sick in a few hours.  You gotta love how fast that strep hits and how it seems to come from out of nowhere.  I really, really hope next summer we have more opportunities to camp....in the sunshine!!  I guess we made some new memories either way!

No comments: