Sunday, May 4, 2014

busy saturday

 After working in the yard all morning we decided to get Heidi and Savanna's room painted.  We have about 6-7 weeks left before #3 arrives and I am definitely feeling antsy to get everything in order before I get any bigger or any more tired.  Seriously.  I feel like I could pass out from exhaustion everyday.  I don't remember being this tired with either Heidi or Savanna, but perhaps my memory is failing me.  Anyway, their room is gray and pink so we painted the room gray.  It was already gray, but it was so light it looked white and I have been wanting to change it since we moved in.
Getting projects like this done with little ones underfoot is not an easy undertaking.  I got them their own little brushes and they did pretty well keeping busy but it took a lot of monitoring as I was picturing gooey brushes dripping in all kinds of places.  Savanna held her doll in one hand and painted with the other most of the time.  We are still not completely finished...we are about 3/4 of the way done.  We had to stop in time for the fumes to clear out for Heidi's nap.  Hopefully we can get it done soon...we have a busy week with it being my turn to teach preschool Monday and Tuesday, Heidi's dance recital, and of course, Jeff has an outage this week.  Maybe we should have waited a week to paint....oh well.  Heidi is thrilled with the outcome and can't wait for Savanna to be in the room with her.

No comments: