Monday, May 19, 2014

34.5 weeks and other happenings

This is quite possibly the best belly shot you're going to get and yes, I am indeed humongous and ready to pop.  I am confident I was this size or smaller when I delivered both of the girls.  Maybe that's why Jeff was freaking out when I cancelled my last appointment and won't be going in for 3 more weeks.  Based on my size and some of my symptoms he doesn't think I will make it to 37 weeks, but she better keep cooking at least that long!  You always know you're huge when people say things like, "So are you having the baby tomorrow???"  Maybe all these comments are bringing the nesting on early because I suddenly feel the urge to clean out all cupboards, vacuum out all the crevices in the windows, and scrub everything I can.  Pretty sure my efforts won't last the 4-5 weeks we have left, but at least I feel better about the house today.

Last week was rather eventful.  On Wednesday, Savanna grabbed my phone and chased after me when Heidi called to be wiped.  She toddled after me into the bathroom to watch the excitement.  Heidi saw that she had my phone and said, "Savanny, don't you put mom's phone in the toilet".  You would think we have had trouble with Savanna putting things in water...ha ha ha.  I thought I was doing a pretty good job blocking the toilet but apparently Savanna found the 2 inches of open space and chucked it right in. So.Gross.  I grabbed a glove and tried to get it out fast but that stupid thing went right into the hole and wedged itself in.  Heidi was freaking out and wouldn't even pull her pants up she was so upset.  Savanna was laughing.  I started gagging.  I ran into my bathroom to puke and came back to hearing my phone buzzing somewhere in the depths of the toilet.  It was a nasty mess and there was no way that stupid thing was going to come out.  I went to my friend's house and called a plumber but they couldn't come until late and I knew my phone was destroyed anyway.  Luckily our contracts were up and it's not like it was some cool smart phone or something, but still being without a phone was annoying.  Jeff told me through email to just wait until he got home and he would deal with it.  He also told me if I wanted to go get my new phone that was fine and he would get his new one when he flushed his down the toilet.  That gave me a good laugh.  So grateful Jeff keeps things in perspective for me.  Love that man.  Anyway, when he got home he couldn't believe it could be wedged in at that angle and didn't think he was going to be able to get it.  Luckily, he finally got it out and now we both have iphones...wow, what a learning curve for us.  I didn't realize how behind the times we really were.

On Thursday, Jeff had the day off because we were trying to get stuff done and then head to Utah for my doctor's appointment. Savanna woke up feeling quite warm and was acting odd.  She wouldn't eat anything and wasn't really making noise of any kind.  She kept getting warmer and wouldn't sleep more than 20 minutes.  I took her temperature and it was over 104.  We took her in because I suspected strep.  After waiting 2 hours to get the stupid test, it was confirmed.  She is allergic to amoxicillin so they gave her something else.  We waited forever at the pharmacy to get home to find out they shorted us.  So we gave her the first dose and then had to go back and fight it later.  Thursday night was horrible.  I let her sleep with me and she was just roasting. I could not get the fever under 103 even with tylenol.  She would wake up every 15-20 minutes thrashing around and acting so weird.  I was so worried she was going to have a seizure.  Finally her fever broke around 4 AM and I think the antibiotic started to kick in.  Anyway, she only has to take it 5 days but on day 4 she broke out in a horrible rash.  Apparently she is also allergic to this one too.  I am really stressed about this because so far there is only 1 antibiotic she isn't allergic to and I am worried she will develop an immunity to it and it seems like she gets everything.  I hope her sick days start slowing down.  Poor little Savanna.  She really was a good little sick patient and it was so hard to see her so sick.  I hate strep and I can't believe both of my girls have had it so young.  Thankfully none of the rest of us got it...knock on wood.  I am praying this is the last sickness we have for awhile!!  It's the middle of May for crying out loud.  What a week...so happy to start over this week.

No comments: