Thursday, April 11, 2013

my little fashionista

 I am sure I have mentioned that Heidi is a girly girl in every way.
She runs like a girl, she talks with her hands, she always wants her nails painted,
and she absolutely loves clothes.  She loves shopping and will look through every single piece of clothing on a rack while making comments like, "Oh, this is darling!  How cute!"  
Lately, she has wanted to be the one to pick out her clothes and hair bow.  She usually tells me how she wants her hair done and what bow she thinks will match.  She usually does really well and a great majority of the time she insists on wearing her necklaces.  She will also correct you if you say something
wrong. For example, Jeff will say, "Those are cute pants Heidi."  To which she will respond, "I mean leggings."
 Lately Heidi has taken her fashion interest to a whole new level.  She now comments on what everyone else is wearing.  We will be reading a book and she will say, "Oh look at that little girl!  Her skirt is so cute and it matches that little hat!"  It makes me laugh.  She wants to pick my clothes out and she is always asking about what her dad is wearing.  She will say things like, "I bet dad is wearing his shoe shirt today."  "Do you think dad is wearing his brown pants?  I bet."  "Remember dad's bird shirt?  Maybe he is wearing that to work."  The second he comes in the door she says, "What shirt are you wearing dad?"  And seeing that it comes from this little face, her dad is thrilled that she cares about his fashion.
And of course she enjoys picking her sister's clothes and pajamas out every day.  On the rare occasion 
that she is not with me when I am dressing Savanna, the first thing she will say when she sees her is always, "What is Savanna wearing?"  Do you think we are in for it when it comes to the teenage years?

No comments: