Tuesday, April 2, 2013

five months

 I can't believe Savanna is five months old.  I love this age.  I love seeing more of her personality and I love feeling like there is more of a routine. Here is what this little five month old has been up to lately.

*Look up 'happy baby' in the dictionary and I am pretty sure you'll see this little face.  Seriously.  I love her happy little temperament.  She will smile at anyone and everyone.
*Absolutely adores her older sister.  Lights up the second she catches a glimpse of Heidi.
*Sometimes she can't even focus on eating because she too busy smiling.  It is the cutest thing, but slightly annoying at times.  She pulls off about every 2 seconds to smile a huge cheeser.
*Has successfully made it to five months with nothing but breastmilk.  Hooray!!
*Clasps her little hands...love that stage.
*Transfers objects from one hand to the other.
 *So ticklish in the ribs.  Laughs and laughs and laughs.  Usually Jeff, Heidi, and I are all gathered around her taking turns making her laugh.  Best sound in the world.
*Grabby, grabby, grabby.  I'm surprised my dinner hasn't ended up on the floor yet.  We have had a few close calls.
*Getting closer to rolling from back to front.  Hasn't rolled from front to back in a long time.  My kids don't seem to roll very early.  Definitely starting to move herself around more.
 *Still seems to be really laid back.
*Cannot sleep unless she is swaddled and in her own bed.  Doesn't like to be rocked or asleep in arms.  It kind of makes me sad sometimes.
*Goes to bed around 8pm.  She is so inconsistent on night sleep though.  Sometimes she is up at 2am, sometimes later like 4 or 5.  When she is really gassy it is hard to get her to stay asleep when I first put her down. She will be asleep and then wake up 10 minutes later and it can take up to an hour to get her to settle down and get to sleep.
*Naps are pretty predictable.  She usually wakes up around 7am and then takes a nap around 9am for a little over an hour.  Then she takes another nap around 1pm and that usually last for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If her afternoon nap is shorter she usually needs a short 15 min. snooze in the evening to get her to bedtime.
*Savanna cracks me up.  Sometimes she will manage to get herself out of her swaddle at 3 or so in the morning.  I will hear her in her bed just talking and playing around.  She wakes up so happy no matter what time of the day or night.
*Loves her baths and kicks and splashes like crazy.
*Makes really cute cooing noises and sometimes really, really loud not so pretty coos.  She usually saves those for church or other inappropriate times.
*3 month clothes seems to fit her the best.
*Doesn't really like the car unless it is nap time.



Savanna is an absolute delight.
I can't stop kissing her little cheeks all day long.
I am sure I have said this before, but I
seriously cannot imagine life
without her. 

No comments: