Tuesday, February 5, 2013

three months

 Time really goes way, way, way too fast.  Savanna is already three months old!!  I love watching her grow and change, but I sure wish it would just go a little slower.  I love this little one so much.  She is growing and getting stronger every day.

*Savanna has a happy, happy little temperament.  The second you look at her she just lights up the hugest grin.  You can't help but smile when you look at her.
*Coos the most before her bath when she is laying on her diaper pad.
*Loves laying on her diaper pad.
*Only likes to be held facing out and isn't a huge cuddler.  She prefers to hang out on the floor under her play mat, on her diaper pad, in her bouncy seat, or in her swing.
*Has laughed a few times, but I am the only one who has really heard it.  We try and try to get it to happen more often.
*Looks more and more like her daddy every day except for her piercing blue eyes.  I am really hoping they go green so she will at least
one of my features!
*Has no trouble with nursing or taking bottles of pumped milk.
*Wears mostly 0-3 month clothes.  Can fit in a few newborn things--mostly pants or sleepers.
*Most nights she sleeps from 8 to about 1 or 2.  Then she sleeps again until 5 or 6 depending on how bad her reflux is bothering at that point.
*Her reflux medicine seems to help because it stops the dry cough and gagging, but it definitely doesn't last the full 12 hours it's supposed to.  At her 4 month we will look into upping the dose or putting her on something else depending on what her throat and ears look like.
*Worst time of day is when I am trying to get dinner ready (naturally). I am trying to get better cutting chicken one handed.
*Absolutely loves her baths.
*Not a fan of tummy time and I need to be better about making her practice.
*Loves to watch her older sister.
*Her hair is thinning and getting lighter and is totally, completely unruly.  It is so annoying!!!  I try to make it look decent and the second it dries it just fluffs out so it looks like she has wings.  We call her our little baby chick.  She is also starting to get a bald spot in the back.
*Loves pat-a-cake an loves if you move her legs.
*Blows lots and lots of bubbles.
*Likes her binky but also likes to launch it.  I wish she would take a different kind because those hospital drive me nuts.
*Loves to stand.
*Usually takes a short nap in the morning, a longer afternoon nap, and usually needs a little catnap in the evening to get us to bedtime.
*Light sleeper.  She has a hard time settling down if there are people around or commotion.  I think it must be hereditary.

I love my sweet, happy little Savanna girl.  She has brought us so much joy and I am so grateful I get to stay at home and spend so much time with her.  It all goes so fast and I don't want to miss a thing!







No comments: