Thursday, February 21, 2013

the backyard

So I promised pictures of the house and I may post a few but since my blog is public I am not sure how many or what I will post.  Plus, the pictures just don't do it justice.  We love where our lot is located.  We are on 1/2 acre and the backyard faces the Uinta mountains.  They look a lot closer than the picture shows and when we get a good sunset we just can't stop staring out the windows.  Our great room is floor to ceiling windows and we love the view as we walk up the stairs.  Heidi has a huge window in her room too and because it faces the back we always tell her she has the best view in the house.  Yes, that is Jeff's giant pile of wood that I never finished stacking because 1) I got too big and uncomfortable and 2) I realized we would just have to re-stack it when we did the yard this spring.  The cows behind our lot Heidi lovingly refers to as her "pets".  That's the perfect pet for us!  I would be lying if I said there weren't times I missed Utah.  I never thought we would leave Utah and I felt like I connected with so many people there.  However, I also love it here for so many, many reasons.  I love it because Jeff has a wonderful job and he loves what he does and the people he works with.  Even though I get frustrated that we have to travel to do a lot of errands, it really helps you decide what you really need and it makes life so, so much simpler.  There isn't an overload of things to do and the best word I can use to describe it is simple. I feel like there are less distractions and we have more time to focus on what really matters: our family and raising our little ones.  Once I make some good friends, I think it will help.  We of course wish more than anything we had family here.  We love that the schools are so amazing here and that class sizes are small.  We love how family oriented and conservative it is.  We love being so incredibly close to camping and hiking.  We love how genuinely kind and down to earth the people here are.  We love the mild summers.  We love not having state income tax or food tax.  We love the clean air and not having an inversion.  On the days Jeff is home and I don't have to be stuck on the treadmill, I have loved finding new places to run.  We really are happy in our new little town and cannot wait until spring hits.  I can't wait to walk to story time at the library.  I can't wait to get the yard in--even though it is going to be a ton of work.  I can't wait to head to the mountains.  Most of all, I can't wait to watch my girls grow in this house and in this town.  It's the perfect fit for us.

No comments: