Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oh Heidi Heids

 Two is such a funny age.  Heidi never ceases to crack us up everyday.  Her latest is to give us nicknames.  I have always called her Heids or Heidi Heids and she now refers to everyone that way--mommy moms, daddy dads, teddy teds, grammy grams and so on.  She also likes to call me mom-o or mama lams or all sorts of names that I have no idea where they come from.  In the above picture she managed to stick an entire pack of stickers to the table...ugh.  It took me a long time to take them off and I was grateful I had goo gone.
Heidi's latest obsession are all of her stuffed animals.  She hauls the whole stack all over the house. She puts them down for naps, takes them to the doctor to give them their shots, gives them baths, and swaddles them and rocks them to sleep.  The conversations she has with them crack me up.  When she got up from her nap and found her giant Care Bear she said, "Oh Care Bear!  I just love you big guy!  You're so lucky to have Heidi!"
 Heidi not only repeats everything we say, but she wants to do everything we do.  In the morning she runs into my room to get everything I need to run.  She carries everything out and says, "Exercise, mom!"  After she gets me set up, she goes and gets my other shoes so she can exercise too.  I often catch her around the house doing "push ups" and counting.  I will be downstairs and hear her saying, "ONE! TWO! THREE!"  When I ask her what she's doing she says, "I'm doing my push ups."
 Heidi says the funniest things in the morning when I go get her.  She is always so happy when I open the door and pops right up.  She usually says things like, "I'm still in my blue pajamas!  Heidi LOVES blue!"  Sometimes it's, "I'm still in my big girl bed!"  I don't know why she thinks I would move her or change her clothes in the middle of the night, but it's funny to hear her first thoughts in the morning.  After she lets me know what she is still wearing or where she slept, she usually says, "Where's my sissy sis?  We better go get her."
 We have had stairs everywhere we have lived and Heidi has always done well with them.  Our stairs in the new house are all the more exciting because she has discovered she can get her toys downstairs faster by throwing them from the top (we have a two story great room).  I am so not a fan of this and unfortunately her dad pointed this little game out to her.  She always likes to sit at the very top and watch the fire.  She will say, "Look at the fire ripping and roaring!  We better stoke that fire."  She is going to be quite disappointed when the weather warms up and there is no fire.
And of course the little bean loves her daddy and loves her books.  If she is ever not right by my side, she can almost always be found in a rocking chair upstairs reading to herself.  I love to listen to her, but I have to pretend not to be there because she doesn't like me watching her. She gets so excited when Jeff comes home and is always anxious to tell him or show him something she did while he was away at work.  The other day she was excited to show Jeff what made her mom laugh so hard that day.  While I was feeding Savanna she was playing around on Savanna's play mat.  I was teasing her saying things like, "Can you kick the ball Heidi?  Can you swat the toys?"  Heidi was playing along thinking it was funny.  Then I heard Heidi say, "Now it's time for tummy time."  Then she laid on her stomach, smashed her face in the floor and started to pretend to cry.  Apparently she has picked up on the fact that Savanna isn't a huge fan of tummy time.

Thank you, Heidi Heids for making us laugh.  
Life without you would be so boring.

1 comment:

Natalie Kay said...

That is seriously so cute!! I love all the funny things she says!! Don't you hate at our kids are getting so big??