Thursday, July 1, 2010

Belly Blues

I can't believe I am posting again already...go me. But anyway, I have been catching the scrapbook up and looking through photos. As I look at pictures from last summer and years before, I think to myself, "wow, I can't believe I thought I was so fat." Now that my belly is doubling in size everyday before my eyes, I find myself laughing at some things, and crying at others. For example:

--I now bump into things on a regular basis.
--I have a really hard time cleaning the tub and bending over in general.
--I don't sleep much mostly because I have to pee and my legs are constantly cramping up.
--I spill on my belly.
--When I look down, I see nothing but my belly.

I know these things are pretty normal for pregnant women, but what happened today took the cake. I have now become a human windshield. I went walking as usual and there is this place by the river where there is always a swarm of these little gnat-like bugs. I got past them and about 5 minutes glanced at my protruding belly (it is hard to miss). It was then that I noticed about 30 dead gnats STUCK TO MY BELLY! I quickly brushed them off. At first I was very embarrassed wondering how many people I had passed since the bugs and then I almost started to cry, but I ended up laughing because I never, ever thought I would be a human windshield!

7 comments:

The Peterson's said...

You are so stink'n cute! I bet you are beautiful!!! I wish I could come visit and see you for myself.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

hahah that is so cute! You are just adorable and stylish I'm just sure of it! Don't worry about the bugs because soon you'll have a cutie bug of your own!!! miss ya

Megan C. said...

Let's see a pic of that belly!

We're out of town right now, but should be back when you have your appointments, so give me a call. I'd love to see you!

JessieC said...

Where's the pic of this belly? ; ) If you are going to post something like this we want to see the belly :)

Carrie and Jeff said...

Pregnant bellies are pretty fun...sometimes. It's an experience. Enjoy it!

zachzim said...

Hey Beth,
I feel your pain! I am 2 months pregnant and have morning sickness and fatigue with 2 little ones running around! I have already gained weight and my clothes don't fit! I know it stinks but once you see that little one it is all worth it and you will just love her to pieces! Good luck with everything!

Cheryl said...

The belly does get tiresome after a while, doesn't it? So many of my maternity shirts have stains right on the belly button. So classy! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!