Monday, June 28, 2010

Thoughts

I haven't been blogging much lately, mostly due to lack of internet service at home, but also because I haven't had too much to blog about. I finally decided to sit down and try to update.

*Only 8 weeks left until we meet our little one.
It seems like forever and really fast all at the same time. I have
a lot left to do before she gets here...

*Lacking motivation. I have been lacking motivation for most things.
I blame it mostly on the heat, but I also think it has to do
with getting little sleep. I know that is just going to be worse
in 8 weeks!

*This summer definitely feels different than previous summers.
This is the first time I haven't been thinking and planning
for a new school year. Usually at this time I start getting
antsy to get in my room and start prepping.

*I should be getting the nursery together, but I haven't
really had the energy or motivation. I think it is
mostly due to lack of ideas. I really don't
know how to decorate so I am stalling. Maybe when
I have the bedding up I will be more inspired!

*I feel financially overwhelmed. I think a lot of it has to
do with knowing I won't be getting a paycheck
next year on top of a baby--holy expenses! We are
so incredibly grateful to all of our friends and family
who have helped us with so much of what we need. Now we have
a lot of the pricey items left to buy...strollers, playpen,
car seat, diaper bag, rocking chair,
video camera, etc.
The worst part is the doctor bills have already started coming...yippee.
Sure wish we could have taken advantage of having Educator's Mutual!

*We have already started the long, exhausting job of getting
wood for winter. We decided we better do it early.
Thankfully, we should be close to done. Poor Jeff
has really had to do all of the really hard stuff because I can't. Between
that, yard work, scouts, and work in general, he is exhausted.

*I am getting plenty of tips on being a mom, staying home,
what a newborn is like, how little sleep I will have,
etc. etc. etc! It's funny how everyone wants you
to know how hard it is going to be. Do I really seem like the type that lives
in fairytale land? I mean, I know
there will be some surprises, but I have
never had rose colored glasses on. I appreciate the
people who say things like, "your
life will be totally different, but better in so many
ways." Much less depressing.

*I am getting very nervous about the actual birth.
I am kind of a wuss about things like this.
Child birth classes start in a few weeks and I just
hope Jeff and I aren't both passed out in the back. I keep
telling myself that millions of people have gone through this, so
surely I can too. Again, this is a topic
everyone has a story about and likes to give advice.
I really don't like hearing horror stories about what
happened at this hospital or that, or what this nurse or
that doctor did, etc. I would really
rather not have more to worry about--I can do plenty
of worrying all by myself!

*Jeff is doing great. He still loves his job
and the people he works with. I'm so happy he found such a
great place to be. His co-workers made him a surprise
diaper cake last week. It was so cute and thoughtful.
Jeff was a little embarrassed carrying it around, but
at least he didn't have to ride the bus that day.
Hilarious.

*Every time we come to UT we want
to get together with friends, but the trips are always short
and jam packed with errands to run.
Since my doctor appointments are starting to become more
frequent , I look forward to getting together with many of you soon!
We miss you and love you all!






5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so happy that things are going well. It is really weird that first summer of not "teaching". Good luck with the next 8 weeks. You are going to be an amazing mom.

jonna said...

does this mean i need to get your bedding done asap? When is your next appointment? Let me know and maybe I can have it done for you AND we can get together.

i usually don't offer any advice about when the baby will be here...each baby is so different. You will be fine. It all clicks.

I can't wait to meet your little one and I promise I will get this bedding to you soon!

The Birds said...

You do not need advice! You will be the greatest mom!! I so want to get together! call me and we can plan something!!

The Peterson's said...

I wish I could have come up for my reunion, but finances were in the way. It has been hard on us for me to give up my job. I completely understand how you are feeling. I also wish I could get together with you that would be fun!!! I also can't wait for your sweet angel to come!

Cheryl said...

There's something about being pregnant and having a baby that brings out the "expert" in everyone. So fun.

I'm sure things will go well for you though!