Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Am I a Human Target?

I know this isn't the best belly shot, but we were in a hurry and couldn't get a great side shot. Either way, you get the picture. I swear just from two days ago I am about 3 times bigger too...yay.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand. This morning I got up bright and early, as usual, to go walking. As I am lost in my thoughts, I feel something smack straight into my neck. It hit with quite a bit of force and for just a second, I wondered if I had been shot...I know, I'm dramatic. I feel my neck, but don't really feel anything. Then I look around wondering what just hit me. I look at the ground and see a shocked BIRD. That's right. Some kamikazi bird flew directly into me. WHAT THE? I'm always on the look out for things like, oh I don't know--dogs, skunks, mountain lions, but BIRDS? Seriously? I don't know if my large belly threw off its sense of direction or what, but I thought it was really strange. Maybe it was just looking for its mother. Who knows, but I just hope I don't get a bruise or something because that is not the best place for a bruise.

In other news, we are down to 6 weeks and counting! I feel a little more miserable each day. I had hoped just the last three weeks would be bad, but it's already starting. We started our child birth classes yesterday and I am pleased to announce that Jeff did not pass out. I, on the other hand, felt so nauseous I had to excuse myself halfway through. The room was really warm and lately I have been throwing up or had the urge to throw up nearly all day. It's like the morning sickness is back. Hip, hip hooray!

Fourth of July was really fun this year. Jeff's sisters were both visiting Utah so we scheduled an appointment that weekend. We went to the This is the Place monument and there were all sorts of fun things to do...like this watermelon eating contest. There was also a rodeo where the kids got to ride sheep, well, they got to fall off sheep. They all had battle wounds to prove how brave they were! They also had a family shower for me, and that, of course, was a blast. Our little one is pretty spoiled! We also had a family party and fireworks so we were definitely not bored! It was a fun weekend and great way to keep my mind of feeling uncomfortable!

4 comments:

The Peterson's said...

That is crazy about the bird! I am so excited about your little one!! I can't wait to see photos. Wish I could come visit you and your little one. So exciting!!!

Lindsey said...

You look so cute!!!! Sorry you're not feeling well. I can't believe that you are only 6 weeks away. Good luck with everything. I am so excited for you guys!!!

Dana said...

First of all, I have been meaning to call you every day for the last week so we can catch up. But I haven't been able to! I really want to chat- so one day I'll do it. Okay, now about your post . . . that crib is gorgeous! I LOVE it! And also, I think you look so cute pregnant! That bird hitting you is funny (& sad!), but through that whole story I was just in shock that you're still out walking & working out! When I was pregnant, I used it as an excuse to be lazy and not do anything active for 9 months-- big mistake! You're very smart for staying active- I'm impressed! Good luck with the next 6 weeks! =)

Cheryl said...

So sorry about the morning sickness!

But your bird story is hilarious! That is so crazy!