Friday, May 8, 2009

The Museums

I realized that I am really going to be posting about Washington DC for a really long time. I have so many pictures and so many things to write about! I am trying to weed through the pictures and just put up the most interesting things, but it is really hard.

We had a lot of fun going to museums. The best part is that all of the Smithsonian museums are free. We didn't have a whole lot of time to sit and spend in every museum, but we tried to see as much as we could. We went to Museum of American History and saw Abraham Lincoln's hat, the ruby slippers, artifacts from all of the wars, etc.
We also went to the portrait museum. It was really funny because at the portrait museum we had to carry out backpacks on our fronts. I don't know why, but we could not stop laughing because we looked ridiculous.
The Air and Space museum was really cool. We went there on our last day so we really had to hurry. The last day we were there was really hot! It was 100 degrees when we left, which was a huge difference compared to when we got there and it was cold and rainy. I'm glad it was cooler most of the time!

It was also fun to see the National Archive museum. I loved looking at the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. The signatures are getting really difficult to see.

5 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Breath! I hunted your blog down off of facebook. Aren't I sneaky? At any rate, how are you! I guess now I can always know. I have the Hunzikers at my fingertips! Um... I hope this comment doesn't creep you out too much. Please don't got private due to me. :)
Love you midget friend,
Malinda

The Peterson's said...

I must have been just a blast being there. All your pictures look wonderful!

karen louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen louise said...

Wow!! I can't believe you have done all of this since I last looked at your blog! How awesome that you got to go to DC! And you even got to see Whitney! That is so much fun...I need a vacation!!

Carrie and Jeff said...

What a cool experience. And that's awesome that you got to see Whit.