Saturday, May 2, 2009

Arlington Cemetery

Okay, Okay, I know I have been a posting machine! I'm sure you are all sick of hearing and seeing my trip, but since my blog is like my journal, I'm just going to keep posting.

At least I finally have something to post!
On W
ednesday we went to Arlington Cemetery. It was really touching.




The cherry blossom trees were beautiful at the cemetery! We saw the Kennedy Grave site with the eternal flame and my favorite: The tomb of the Unknown soldier.


The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is where they do the changing of the guard. That was a really cool ceremony to watch and like everything else in DC, it just made me feel even more patriotic than I already am. I am so grateful to all the men and women who have given their lives so that I can live in a free country.



My old teaching buddy, Whitney, came and met me at the cemetery since she lives an hour a way. I was soooo happy she took the time to come out, even though it was a school night! I had a great time catching up with her and trying to find a parking spot! :) She is the sweetest and I am glad I got to see her, even if it wasn't for as long as I had hoped!

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Again that trip looks amazing! I wish I could have gone... sometime in my life it will happen! Glad that you got to go!

Brian and Whitney said...

It was so good to see you! When I was driving home I kept thinking of all these things I didn't get to ask you... we still have so much catching up to do! I really miss you so much!

jonna said...

glad you had so much fun. And lucky you to visit an old teaching friend! Now when are you coimng my way!?:(