Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How cute is my cousin???!!

I have the best cousin in the world! The other day I was waiting at home for FedEx to come with my phone...if you have tried to reach me, you will notice my old number does not exist. We have now switched to Verizon and I have a new number. If you need my number, please email me since this blog is not private! Anywho, so I was waiting and waiting. Finally I see the mailman. The mailman has a box. I thought, "that's weird, I thought the phone was coming FedEx". The mailman drops off a package at my door and I realize it is not the phone, it is a cute "welcome to Wyoming" package from my cousin Camielle!! How cute is that? She put in maps, tour guides, and foods from Wyoming like salsa and chokecherry syrup. I cannot even tell you how much it brightened my day. Her husband is from Wyoming and they are in North Carolina for residency. I can't tell you how much I hope she ends up in Wyoming someday! THANK YOU CAMIELLE!! Oh and by the way, in between sending out this package, she had her second little boy...where does she find the time??
We have been so busy lately I cannot even begin to describe our lives the last 3 days. Anyway, as promised, here are some more pictures. This room is what has taken over my life the last little while! This is the basement, which I love, but it was covered in wallpaper. As I mentioned before, my mom came out to help me take it down. Well, of course it didn't just come down as planned. I bought chemicals, rented a steamer, and after a whole day, I had pretty much nothing to show for it. Apparently the walls weren't prepared properly before putting the paper up. Because taking down the wallpaper ultimately led to taking the drywall with it, we ended up having to prime over the paper. Then, we have had to put two coats of mud over the primer. I think we are finally to the point where we can paint how I want it, but now I can't decide on a color. I am planning on putting up a chair rail and doing two tone of brown. What do you think? I need some major advice! After all this work, I want it to look great!

Here are more random pictures of the basement as well. I love having a big laundry and food storage area. There is also a bedroom in the basement where we are currently sleeping. It will be a guest room later when I get the master bedroom upstairs finished how I want it. I think I will get a new bedroom set for upstairs and leave our old one downstairs as a guest room. For now, it's nice to sleep in the basement. I couldn't get a picture because Jeff was sleeping...he's on nightshift again. At least my mom is here this time.
Today we are having a picnic in the park after story time at the library for my sister so it's nice and quiet for Jeff. If anyone has any painting or paint color advice, please send it this way!



















6 comments:

McMurtrey said...

I love your food storage area! Some day we will be more equiped for that! I think you should give Lisa a call about painting she is so good at that kind of thing!!

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Sounds like you and your mom have been working pretty hard. I can't wait to see more pictures as you get more stuff done.

jonna said...

stupid wallpaper. THat stuff stinks! It is coming along great. Nice leather couches. Miss you bethy!!!

The Birds said...

Wallpaper is the worst invention ever! Ha Ha! It is amazing that was ever in style and what a difference it makes when it comes down! I can't wait to see the finished product! Paint makes the biggest difference. I think two shaed of brown would look pretty! Toupe also looks really good with black. Isn't your leather couch black? I think either would look great! I wish I was there to help you! I love stuff like that! You would think I could get Lincoln's room finished! It was so much fun talking with you the other day, I miss you! I will look at my schedule and set something up! When I come up, you have to put me to work!! I am excited for you home makover and to see all you work! I can't wait to see your bedroom as well!

Lindsey said...

Your house is really looking great. As for paint colors? I hate choosing paint. I have had the same paint samples taped to my kitchen wall for over 4 months. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey I don't know your email so I wrote you a message on facebook. I don't have your new phone number and I tried calling you and I wondered what was up? Your house looks really really cute! How fun. Hope all continues to go well.

Love ya!