Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ta Da!

So after hours and hours, and late night after late night, my basement is finally finished! It took
us for what seemed like a decade, but overall, I am excited with how everything turned out. The color looks a lot better in person than it does in these pictures. The chocolate brown couches aren't as dark as they look in this picture, so they look better with the wall. Even though we ran into so many problems with that blasted wallpaper, it's amazing what a difference it makes now that it is gone. I knew I hated it, but I didn't realize just how suffocating it was. Now I feel like I have a huge basement and a lot of empty walls. Before I couldn't even imagine hanging anything up on the walls because everything would look terrible with flowered wallpaper. Now I feel like I need to get thinking about what to put on them--it looks so plain! I am so grateful to my mom for coming and helping me and running to ACE and Home Depot every 5 minutes! It was nice to have someone there to help make all the decision while Jeff was at work.

While my mom was here we also managed to have some fun. We took my sister to some of the parks and to the storytime at the library. This is splash park. It is so fun! The best part about Wyoming is that nothing is ever crowded. In Utah, I would imagine this park being bombarded with kids and families, but here you can park anywhere and you have pretty much every place to yourself.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey said...

I love your basement!!! The colors you chose look fantastic. We are hopefully going to be paining our basement soon. Your pictures are making me want to try the chair rail with the 2 different colors of paint. Great work, Beth!!!

The Birds said...

I love it!!!!

Dana said...

I love your basement! I love the colors! So cute! Now you can come decorate my house too . . . please?! =)

McMurtrey said...

That turned out so nice!! You really got it done fast! That splash park looks so nice! Sounds like they have a lot of things for families to do! With the bonus of not being overcrowded! I'm so glad that you have a blog so that I can see your house! We will come visit sometime though I don't know when!

Kerri said...

It looks awesome Beth.

karen louise said...

Beth! You are amazing! I tackled painting at my old condo...now that I'm renting, it's not an option, but oh...I wish i could. It looks great!

JessieC said...

Looking good. I love the look and all the fun things you can do with paint, I am just too lazy to actually do it:) I miss you!

Sheri Berard said...

It looks great Beth! We miss you tons!
Sheri

Laura T said...

Great work! I really like the chair rail between the two colors, great choice. Can't wait to see what you put on the walls- sometimes that's just as fun as the painting! (And yes, I think painting is fun)

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Beth, I love it!

Christine said...

Wow, that looks great! You guys did a great job! I love the colors.