Monday, July 21, 2008

What we've been up to...

We have been very busy as usual. This last weekend we went camping and four wheeling. We went up to the Uintas about an hour from our house and we had a great time! I still wouldn't consider myself a "camper" but I have come to really appreciate the beautiful places we have been. I think the reason I like camping now is because I get to spend so much time with Jeff. We love just being able to spend time together without any other distractions.


There were a lot of really cool trails and we only got rained on one day. This was a great place because it had the things I like and the things Jeff likes. I love the trees, lakes, and streams (probably because I grew up in Michigan and Illinois). Jeff loves the mountains (probably because he grew up in Utah). We played hard while we were there and now that we are all cleaned up we are trying to figure out when and where we will go next.


Other than camping, I have been spending a lot of time in my new classroom. I have been lucky enough to make friends with one of the teachers and she is so sweet and came out to help me clean out the room. It is nothing like my Pony room, but it will do. I am getting so nervous for a new year and feel like a first year teacher all over again. We have also been busy with little house projects and enjoying time together when Jeff isn't working. He is on regular schedule now and I couldn't be more thrilled!

11 comments:

Rachel K. said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get into your classroom! I've been working a ton on mine so hopefully it'll be ready soon... Wyoming looks so beautiful. I'll have to come visit soon!

McMurtrey said...

I've forgotten how beautiful it is in the Uintas! You are so lucky to live so close! I'm glad that Jeff is finaly on a normal scheduale! You are going to do fine with teaching! You are so organized and nice and that is what makes you so good!

Cindi said...

Those pictures are beautiful. We haven't been able to get into school. You know how Bruno is about those floors!:)

Lindsey said...

Man, living in Wyoming has it's perks, doesn't it? I am so jealous of all of the amazing things you have been able to do this summer.

Good luck with getting the room ready. I can't wait to see pictures of it when you get it all set up.

Carrie and Jeff said...

I haven't been camping in a long time. We should get out into that fresh air sometime. I bet your classroom will look wonderful. I'm sure you'll be friends with more teachers soon---how could you not?! You're such a sweetie!

Dana said...

I think the reason you like camping now is because you've spent so much time in a classroom that was decorated with campers and hikers and nature-y things! =)

jonna said...

i guess it is about time you like camping more! you are married to jeff ya know. I am glad to see you are still alive. I went to call you the other day on my drive home and I realized I never updated your new #. nice!

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! It is really beautiful there. How does Jeff like the job? Good luck with your new class, I'm sure you're going to love it!

The Peterson's said...

Hiking though the mountains like a pro... I am sure you are dragging Jeff behind you! I am glad that you are having a wonderful summer. School will be great too. Wait and see!

Megan C. said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! We need to make a trip up to see you one of these days!

Christine said...

Wow, that is so pretty! I'm sure you'll do good...when I lived in the Ranches everyone knew who you were and always said you were the best teacher!