Monday, June 23, 2008

More Pictures...

We love being in our own home! It is so nice and quiet. While Jeff has been working his long, crazy hours I had a little more time to take some pictures. I love the backyard. In the back corner we are going to start a garden. There is also a shed (which you can kind of see). Jeff loves having a shed. There are plants all around the fenceline which cuts into the sod area. We like the plants, but they haven't really been weeded for awhile and they are really high maintence. We are thinking of taking them out and putting in sod so there is less work and more room for future little ones to run around (and no, this not an announcement...just thinking ahead!)

The kitchen is right off of the living
room I showed you last post. It is a decent size and like everything else, it is in really good condition. For the area, prices, and selection of homes we really feel like we got the best one available. The kitchen has all white walls and I am planning on painting it. Probably a taupe color. I will be painting in winter when yard work can't be done! For now, it is yard, yard, yard!

And now for the suspense....here is the downstairs off the kitchen leading to the basement. I don't know how well you can see the start of the lovely wallpaper, but it is only the beginning. My mom will be here Saturday and depending on what we get to, the plan is to have the wallpaper down. We love having a basement and feel so lucky that our house has a lot of useable space. Others that we looked at were just wacky. You know, like spas in basements...what the? I know it's nothing like a brand new home, or what we could have gotten in Utah for what we paid, but it is a great start for us and like I mentioned before, we love the peace and quiet! I can't get enough of the running trails and I love walking to the grocery store. There is an awesome rec center in walking distance that I will use in the winter. We even get a discount with Jeff's work and mine. It's just like a gym with classes, equipment and everything but will cost less than $20/month. I will probably only have the membership for the winter because right now, the outdoor recreation can't be beat! Megan, you will laugh. I think I might want a bike for my bday but just a "her" bike because we already have a "his". Jeff and I love exploring new places to see (when he's not working) and there is a lot of hiking and of course, Jeff cannot wait to check out the camping and four wheeling. Speaking of four wheeling, I saw someone on a four wheeler on the main road. Do you know what that means? It means, I just might be able to take Jeff's four wheeler to work--HA HA! Unless of course we get a horse....all kidding aside, we haven't even gone through a tank of gas since being here. How awesome is that?! We can walk pretty much everywhere and when we do drive, there is no traffic. Going 10 miles really does take less than 5 minutes. The traffic part of Utah I definitely do not miss.
The other thing I love so far is our ward. Everyone is so friendly and people come by to say hello and drop off treats. We feel so included. We have decided there are perks to living in a small town no one knows about.
Thank you for not forgetting me! Oh and by the by, those of you with little ones. If you ever want to come up, even for a day trip, you should. There are at least 6 different parks in this little town. One of them shoots up water for the kids to play in. They have a story telling thing at the library that they do at the park once a week and they fly people in from other places to do special little events for this library thing. This week it's someone from Seattle that does things with sound or something. I never heard of that before, but then again, I don't have kids so I don't really know if that's normal. I will probably post the rest of the house later this week.

13 comments:

jonna said...

yeah for saving gas and $$$. I bet you are loving that! It sounds like a fun town...small towns are thbest. PC used to be like that when I was growing up...I loved it! Your house is looking good...i cant wait for your painting, etc. Fun! Keep in touch!miss you!

The Birds said...

That sounds like tons of fun! I want to come! The house looks great and I can't wait to see the paint and all the other work!

McMurtrey said...

I'm so happy for you guys! The backyard is amazing. We cannot get grass to grow to same our lives. All our new sod just died! I agree with you about the UT traffic who knows what they do with all the tax dollars up there! Your neighbors sound great!

Christine said...

Cool, it looks like you guys are all settled in. Are you liking it better than Texas??

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you that you have a house. We bought a house last month but won't move in until August. I'll post pictures around that time. It sounds like you will really like living there.

Lindsey said...

Your house is darling, and your descriptions are making me want to move to your little town right now!!! I can't wait to see more pictures as you fix the house up the way you like it.

Laura T said...

Holy cow that grass is green! I love your house, isn't it amazing to have a place that's really your very own? I'm completely jealous of you living in a small town- it's what I want "someday"! Keep the pictures coming, I'm excited to see you make the house your own!

Jared and Christine said...

Your little house is so cute. I am happy for you guys! I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer before school starts up again.

The Peterson's said...

I love that town and I'm glad you are enjoying it too! The house looks great!

Lea Tame said...

Beth, your house is so cute! Hope you are loving WY!

Megan C. said...

The house looks great! So we were driving through Wyoming and wanted to stop by and see you and the house. When I tried to call you, it said your number was no longer in service. Same thing with Jeff's. Did you change your number and not tell me? Are you trying to phase me out? LOL!

The Wanner Family said...

Hey I've been waiting for you to post about your move. I'm glad you are liking it. Sorry I didn't come over to the school before you left. We had to move out of our house that week. So it was a little crazy! I'm sad you're gone. But it will be a fun adventure for you and Jeff. Keep in touch.

Heidi said...

Small towns really are the best!! As long as you can have a job that makes money and lets you live in a small town, you really can't beat it!! Your house looks so peaceful and nice. I bet you love just walking around and making it your own. I know that's how it is for me!! We will plan a visit sometime!!