Friday, May 9, 2008

Time Flies...

Honestly, I cannot even believe how quickly time flies. I was thinking today how fast this year has gone and then I started thinking about what I was doing one year ago. As we get ready to start over in Wyoming, I keep thinking about how only last year around this time Jeff was already in Texas and I was getting ready to go. Waiting to go see Jeff seemed like the longest month in my life. Now it's been a year! What happened?? Texas was an interesting experience and we have some good memories, although I have to say I am happy to not go visit my cockroach friends!
One year Ago.......
We were frantically packing and moving our stuff from West Jordan. We were putting some in piles for TX and most of it in storage at my in-laws house (thank you Peggy and Bruno!!!) I was feeling sad about my little nephews moving away to Tennessee. I was also shocked that gas prices were creeping to $2.70/gallon.

Today......
Although we have movers that will be packing and moving us (thank you FMC!!!) we still have swarming thoughts about the best way to organize our stuff and where to store the new stuff we have purchased for our new home. I am now shocked and scared that gas prices are creeping to $4/gallon.



One year ago.......
I was getting anxious and sad to leave my little class and frantically getting ready for a new year. I was stressing (of course) about not being around over the summer to get my classroom ready and feeling bad about not being able to teach summer stars. However, I was excited for a new adventure in a new place and of course, I was missing Jeff like crazy!!

Today.......
I am getting anxious and sad to leave my little class and frantically getting ready for a new year at a new school with a new grade! I am trying to figure out the best way to pack my classroom and dealing with so many mixed emotions of leaving the school, staff, students, and community I have loved working with for the past five years. I have a lot of crying episodes, but I am excited to start a new chapter in our lives.

One year ago.....
Well, a few weeks over a year ago, I was with J-diddy in TX. I was trying to adjust to life in a really hot, really humid climate where everything was bigger and that includes the bugs! I was missing the mountains and going stir crazy for a job. I was loving spending every weekend with Jeff going somewhere or trying something new. I was doing great running, even in the humidity and thunderstorms. I was running between 6-10 miles/day getting ready for the 1/2 marathon I never got to run.

Today......
I am loving having Jefferson home and completely done with school! I love coming home and having him home already. I am feeling happy that I have a job next year so I don't go stir crazy and happy that I will be so busy moving into our house and my new classroom that I won't go crazy this summer. I am wishing we could travel a little before Jeff starts and wishing we had a little extra $ to do so, but with gas prices and plane tickets, it doesn't look like it's in the cards for us. I am not doing well with running and am struggling to run 4 miles because I have let myself get so out of shape! Ugh. However, I am anticipating living literally right next to a running trail and hope it will give me the push I need to get back into it and shed the extra weight!


One year ago.....
I was in shock that Jeff and I would be celebrating our 3rd year anniversary. I felt like we just barely got married. I was feeling so lucky to be married to such a great husband! Even though we were in the land of no mountains, lots of gross bugs, and sticky humidity, I was happy because Jeff was making me laugh daily.

Today.....
I am in shock that in two months we will be celebrating our 4th year anniversary. It feels like we got married yesterday. I am still feeling so lucky to be married to such a terrific husband! Even though we are moving to a small town with very little shopping, and to a place where I know no one, I know I will be happy because Jeff will be there to keep me laughing and really, isn't that what life is all about?

11 comments:

McMurtrey said...

I loved your comparisons! Your going to have so much fun in Wyoming. It was amazing to see the gas comparison!! What is life comming to!! You guys are so cute and I'm so glad that your both happy.

jonna said...

great post! I agree...it seemed like yesterday you were getting ready for TX and I was in your classroom talking away! miss it! I can't believe you are leaving...I wish I had this last year at POny with you! Good luck...see you soon!

Lea Tame said...

This was so fun to read!

Lindsey said...

I am going to miss you so much! I can't believe you will be moving in just about 3 weeks. It was great seeing you yesterday and I can't wait to get together again before you go. I am so grateful for blogs. Even though you will be far away, I am so happy we will still be able to stay in touch.

The Birds said...

Tie really does fly! It feels like yesterday that I was in the room next door teaching, teaching sweet 2nd graders, anticipating a baby, and getting pratical jokes form you! DO BETTER NEXT TIME! I love you beth and I love this post! Let me know if you have time to fit us in before you are off!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I can't remember what happened a year ago--well maybe a little. But time does fly.

Dana said...

A year ago I was leaving you and Pony Express. Sad, but life definitely does move on! Don't we love change??!

The Peterson's said...

It is fun to see how life changes in one year, and how much is the same. You still have a good life with wonderful people around no matter where you live. I think that is fun. It is also fun to look at gas prices over the last year! can't wait until they get back down that low!

Rachel K. said...

A year ago you didn't know me...so I guess that makes this year the best ever! (Maybe you should add that to your blog)

Christine said...

It was so fun to see you guys at the Cook gathering. Congratulations to Jeff for graduating! That's so exciting. -Even if it does mean you're moving to Wyoming. :) J/K I hope everything goes smoothly with your move!

Laura T said...

It always seems like time is going so quickly, but look at how much you've accomplished in the last year!