Sunday, May 18, 2008

9 More Days

I have been a bit of slacker on posting or even checking blogs for that matter, because we spent the week at Jeff's parents house so he could come to school and help me pack my classroom. Packing my room made me realize just how grateful I am that we have movers for our apartment!
I realized today that there are only 9 more school days until school is out. I also started realizing that I have A LOT to do in those 9 days! I won't go through my long list of things to do, but I am definitely feeling the pressure!

On Friday we had our class spring/"testing is done" party. It was so much fun! I have great room moms and they had the cutest games for the kids to play. I love watching the kids play and have a good time. I have had the most darling little class this year and I will miss them so much! Packing my room made reality set in a little bit that I would no longer be teaching at the Pony. I will really miss the faculty, kids, and parents I have been lucky enough to work with these past 5 years. I have had the greatest experiences and I feel so blessed to have had the experience I had.


On Saturday we went up to Wyoming for our home inspection. I was excited to see our house again. The inspection went great and the only things to fix were really minor that only an inspector would care about (i.e. the step is 15 in. deep on the porch instead of 13 in.). We were really happy since the house was built in 1979. The people living there have taken such great care of it (they are the original owners) and I feel good about being there. Hopefully we can move into a nicer home later, but for now, it will be perfect.

The greatest thing happened while in Wyoming. The lady that lives in the house we just bought is retiring as a third grade teacher. Well, anyway, in case you didn't figure it out, it is actually her job I am taking. Weird huh?? Basically I am taking her life....anyway, what I am trying to spit out is that since I am taking her classroom, she took me over to the school and showed me my new room. I was so happy!!! I didn't think I would be able to see my room for awhile. It is definitely three steps down from the room I am used to, but now I know what I am up against and I can better plan for my class next year. So many blessings. Everyone in our new little town is so incredibly nice and have bent over backwards to help us. From everything I have heard, the school I am going to is a great little community and the teachers get together and have craft nights and scrapbooking. I am hopeful that I can make new friends quickly so I don't feel so alone in a new town. As long as I can find friends, the adjustment to a new place, new job, new life! won't be so hard!

6 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I Love Green River and don't think you will have any problem with friends! I am glad that she took you down to the school! It really is a great place to live. At least I liked growing up there!

Carrie and Jeff said...

You'll make friends so easily Beth. You're too sweet not to. Good luck with all the packing. I hated moving my school stuff. But it feels good when it's done.

Dana said...

That's so exciting that you saw your new classroom!! Yeah!! Even though it's a lot of work and very sad, it's still kind of exciting to start over. You'll be great there!

Montgomery Family said...

How crazy that you took her position. That's great that you got to see your classroom. I'm glad things are working out well for you. I'm sure you'll love it in WY and they will love you.
I can't believe there are only 9 days of school left. I'll be back next week...can't wait to see you!

Lindsey said...

Ah . . . I remember packing up my room. It's kind of surreal. That is also crazy how you are taking over your home's owner's teaching job. Boy, small world. I am really happy for you guys. It sounds like you are going to be just fine in good old Wyoming.

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

That sounds great! Of course no school could be as good as Pony, but it sounds like you won't have any trouble making friends. I'm happy for you.