Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jeff's Birthday Part 2


First of all--THANK YOU JONNA FOR THE HEADER!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!

So, Jeff's birthday has come and gone and I am sure you are all just dying to know what I ended up doing for the big day. When Jeff left Wednesday morning for school I got up and set to work. I decided to send him on a scavenger hunt through the apartment. So I put a card on our entertainment center and began by telling him to head to the fridge. I made him his favorite enchilladas and told him to put them in the oven while he found his first present in a drawer on our entertainment center. It was a propane tank that went with the next present that was in the pantry--a camping lantern. Then I sent him to the office to find a coupon for dinner and a movie. It was then on to under the couch to find a cast iron camping pan thing. Then I sent him under the bathroom sink to find a dutch oven bag/carrier thing. Finally I sent him to the bedroom to find a whole bunch of snickers and symphony bars--you know, I thought I should try to increase his cholesterol count a little more! Anyway, it was a big hit and I think he should love me forever--especially since I got him prepared for Wyoming camping!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a fantastic birthday. I love how all of the gifts go together. Way to go, Beth! I am so impressed.

Whitney Hawley said...

Sounds fun! Thank goodness for blogs so that when I am on the other side of the country I will still be able to hear everyones cute ideas. How is the WY job hunt going?

The Peterson's said...

That is cute and fun! It give me some ideas for Owen's b-day coming up.

jonna said...

thanks for getting the bows. I am trying to set up a hair appointment to come down that way. I will let you know. Just hold on to them for me...thanks again! I am glad they showed up.

Laura T said...

Great job- that one definitely took some planning, and I'll bet he was all excited about the camping gifts. Cholesterol? Who needs cholesterol!

jonna said...

i am thinking of coming out to get my hair done on tuesday and was going to stop by at lunch to say hey and I can get the bows then...sound good?