Monday, February 25, 2008

Gotta love the mud puddles


I have pretty much nothing to post about so I thought I might as well write about one great thing. I am so, and I mean so, happy that it has been raining and NOT snowing! I like rain and it has been so nice for all the snow to just go away. The reason I think it is even better is for running purposes. It is much easier to run when you are not dodging snow drifts and sheets of ice. Needless to say, I had a great run with only one little hold up. There was a spot on the trail that was a huge puddle of water. On the grass to my left was a melty snow pile (easy to slip on) and on the right was mushy looking grass. So what should I do? Go for the snow/slush and risk slipping, slow down and go through the monster puddle, or try the grass? My split second decision was: mushy grass. Not my best move. It was a little more mushy than I thought and my foot sunk pretty deep. I got most of the mud off while running, but it is going to take awhile....oh well, I am not complaining. I am just so happy to be able to go outside I feel like jumping on my bed.

Oh and PS one thing I am not thrilled about: Jetman is not working on facebook. I guess I really am going to have to get these grades done. Blast!

11 comments:

Megan C. said...

Maybe if you get your grades done, Jetman will start working again. Perhaps this is the sign that you need to get those done. Get them done for the rest of us! We want to play Jetman!

BTW I got on briefly. There's a challenge waiting for you.

Lindsey said...

Ahh, grading, yeah, don't miss that! :P I too am glad that the snow is starting to disappear, but I heard that Saratoga is having problems with flooding. How are the Ranches and Eagle Mountain holding up?

Natalie Kay said...

So what is this Jetman thing I keep hearing about and keep getting invitations to???

Sorry about the puddle and your shoes! That stinks!

jonna said...

you still manage to run in the winter..good for you..i use it as an excuse! can;t wait for spring either

McMurtrey said...

Your blog looks great!! I'm just starting so my looks a little rough!! I'm glad that you had mud instead of ice!! I'm glad that you have a blog too!!

JessieC said...

I love Utahans. It hits like 45 degrees and we are all running for the outdoors! It's been great weather and I love it! Unfortunately I don't literally like to run, but it's great to beoutside again.

The Birds said...

I am glad that you are keeping up on your running so you can run the Odgden 1/2 with me! ha ha! It is in May if you are interested! We have been lucky to go to the near by High School to run. It kind of sucks, cuz I hate running inside, but better than slipping, right? We do go outside on Saturdays and clear days. Which we have not had many of, but the future is looking hopeful! When are we getting together, I miss your cute face?

The Peterson's said...

I am amazed that you do so well with your running. I do great over summer and lose it during the year. Good Job!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I tried the Jetman thing you sent me on Facebook and it wasn't working. I'll have to try it when it's up and running again. I'm excited the snow is melting too. It's supposed to snow again this weekend though. Hopefully it doesn't stick.

Megan C. said...

I think you just have a whole post dedicated to your love for Jetman.

Lacey said...

I love reading your stories! You've got such great humor!